Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs
This project is a collaborative effort between The Strong Center for Developmental Disabilities and 28 Local County Health Departments across NYS. See a map of the counties covered by the project.
To positively impact the lives of Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs (CYSHCN) and their families by assisting Local Health Departments (LHDs) in providing needed and appropriate services.
Strong Center for Developmental Disabilities will:
- Engage families and youth in meaningful conversations with our family specialists
- Provide training and technical assistance to local health departments
- Collect regional resources to create a resource directory for families and youth impacted by special health care needs.
We will we do this by:
- Collecting information on regional resources for your county***
- Conducting needs assessments for families and LHD's
- Providing technical assistance to LHD's
- Collecting & developing educational print materials for providers & caregivers
- Developing Public Service Announcements & webinars
- Developing video vignettes about important health related topics
Who will we serve?
- Families of children and young adults ages 0-21 years old with special health care need(s).
What is considered a special health care need?
Supporting Families of CYSHCN during COVID-19!
Featured organization: INCLUDEnyc
Advocacy Webinar: Supporting parents/caregivers of Youth with Special Health Care Needs
Breaking Down the Walls: Support Healthy Sexuality for LGBTQ People with I/DD
Featured organization: Elevatus Training
Effective Communication for Diverse Individual and Family Styles
Featured organization: Open the Lid
Lessons Learned From Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs Families
LHD Networking Meeting
CYSHCN Clips Newsletter
CYSHCN Clips! A Bi-Weekly Newsletter for the Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs (CYSHCN) Program at New York State Local Health Departments
- February 4, 2022
- January 21, 2022
- January 7, 2022
- December 21, 2021
- December 3, 2021
- November 12, 2021
- October 29, 2021
- October 15, 2021
- October 1, 2021
- September 17, 2021
- September 3, 2021
- August 20, 2021
- August 10, 2021
- July 23, 2021
- July 7, 2021
- June 25 ,2021
- June 11th, 2021
- May 28th, 2021
- May 14th, 2021
- April 30th, 2021
- April 16th, 2021
- April 2nd, 2021
- March 19th, 2021
- March 5th, 2021
Meet Our Team