Strong Wound Healing Center
Part of Strong Memorial Hospital
Expert Care for Non-healing Wounds
Coping with non-healing wounds can be both frustrating and time-consuming. Expert care is available to help improve healing and your quality of life. At the Strong Wound Healing Center, our professional staff is highly trained in the specialized, comprehensive care of problem wounds, using the most up-to-date approaches in the science of wound care.
If you suffer from a chronic or any non-healing wound, ask your physician about a referral to our Wound Center, or contact us directly for an assessment. If you are a candidate for this outpatient program, the Wound Center will immediately work with you and your doctor to deliver the following:
- Advanced therapies, such as hyperbaric oxygen therapy
- Proven clinical protocols
- An individualized, comprehensive plan of care that brings you the most appropriate and effective treatments for your specific needs
- Assessment and ongoing care by our highly skilled team of wound care specialists, including a case manager who will oversee every aspect of your treatment
- Education for you and your family to help healing happen at home, including materials and resources related to prevention, nutrition, hygiene, and more
- Ongoing communication and collaboration with you and your doctor so that you each remain informed about your progress
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) is used as an adjunctive treatment for problematic, non-healing wounds that meet specific criteria; it is expected that 10 to 20% of the wound care cases will do so.
Learn more about HBOT.