Your Provider is Part of Our Team
The treatment you receive at our wound center is designed to complement the care you receive from your own provider, ensuring that everyone on your health care team is working together toward the treatment that's right for you.
Your provider participates in developing your treatment plan and is informed of your progress every step of the way.
Meet Our Wound Care Specialists
- Howard N. Langstein, M.D., Professor of Surgery and Chief, Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Jose G. Christiano, M.D., Assistant Professor of Surgery, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Ronald P. Bossert, M.D., Assistant Professor of Surgery, Director of the URMC Life After Weight Loss Program, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Ashley Amalfi, M.D., Assistant Professor of Surgery, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Lisa Wallin, N.P., Nurse Practitioner, Senior Wound Specialist
- Julia Schliff, FNP, Nurse Practitioner
Our team also includes Registered Nurses, respiratory therapists, and clinical technicians who receive additional training to care for patients with wounds. Staff working with patients receiving hyperbaric oxygen therapy hold certification and membership in hyperbaric organizations including Undersea & Hyperbaric Medical Society and the Baromedical Nurses Association. All staff participate in continuing education directly related to hyperbaric medicine.