Skip to main content

Financial Assistance

Finding out you have cancer is not easy and financial questions you have may make you nervous during this hard time. At Wilmot Cancer Institute, we are committed to providing the highest-quality care for all patients. If you do not have insurance or if your insurance does not fully cover the cost of your care, there are some options available to help. 

As part of UR Medicine’s Financial Assistance Program, Wilmot has both Financial Case Managers and Specialty Financial Coordinators who can help. 

Financial case managers help patients who are uninsured or underinsured (whose insurance may not cover enough of the cost of their care) learn if they qualify for public insurance (Medicaid or Medicare). 

Wilmot’s Specialty Financial Coordinator helps patients with cancer apply for the Financial Assistance Program. The Specialty Financial Coordinator can: 

  • Answer your questions about the Financial Assistance Program application process
  • Refer you to Financial Case Management for a phone screen to see if you are eligible for public insurance
  • Review your completed financial assistance application
  • Make sure your financial assistance application receives prompt attention

Have questions? Contact the Wilmot Specialty Financial Coordinator at (585) 276-7794. 


Other Resources

  • If you have questions about expenses outside of your medical care, contact your Wilmot Social Worker. They may have ideas of resources to help with some expenses, depending on your situation. 
  • If you would like to get a cost estimate on services you need, UR Medicine has a cost estimator tool to help. Call (585) 758-7801 or learn more online.   
  • If you have a question about a bill you received, you can call the billing office at (585) 758-7650. Or view this list of frequently asked billing questions
  • If you receive your cancer care at Thompson Health in Canandaigua, Jones Memorial Hospital in Wellsville, Noyes Health in Dansville or St. James Hospital in Hornell, you will need to go through that system for financial assistance and billing questions. More info is available here.