Holiday Giving for Golisano Children's Hospital
At this time of year, gift-giving is on our minds as we seek to find just the right gift for people we care about. Think back to the best gift you ever gave someone; what made it so great? Chances are, it brought someone joy, fulfilled a great need, or made wonderful new things possible.
At Golisano Children’s Hospital, every gift we receive does all that, and so much more.
As always, our greatest need this holiday season is financial support to help our families during a difficult time. If you prefer to purchase items, please review our important guidelines and contact us ahead of time to make sure your donation can be accepted.
Make an Online Gift Now!
Your financial gift will help us fill our biggest needs while supporting our families and program needs.
Make your tax deductible gift today!
Questions about financial gifts? Please contact Golisano Children's Hospital Advancement at (585) 273-5948.
Holiday Wish List
View our holiday wish list and donate items to support activity programs and provide gifts for children in need.
For questions about donations or to have items approved contact:
Tanya Reynolds at
If your group, team or classroom is thinking about ways to contribute this holiday season, we have a few ideas you may like to consider.
Fundraising Ideas for Groups
For more information about fundraising ideas or to organize a larger event email Meghan Barnhardt at
Policy Regarding Special Guests/Group Visits
To protect the privacy, confidentiality and health of our patients, we cannot allow community groups to distribute gifts or visit directly with patients.
All special guest visits or performances must be arranged ahead of time with Child Life. Please review our Group & Entertainment Guidelines and fill out our programming application.
For more information contact Tanya Reynolds at (585) 275-9878.
How to Deliver Items to Golisano Children's Hospital
Please ensure that your donation is comprised of new items from our wish list, and is approved by Tanya Reynolds by calling (585) 275-9878.
- Please deliver donations to Strong Memorial Hospital Patient Discharge, located off East Drive near the main parking garage. Ambassadors are available to accept your donations.
- Drop-off hours are Monday - Saturday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- View a map of the drop-off location.
Help Us Spread the Joy
For group donations, we would love to feature your group on social media. Please send a photo to Sandy@urmc.rochester.edu.
- Our patients range from a few days to nineteen years old.
- All items need to be new and in their original package.
- Please keep safety and quality in mind when selecting items. No toys with removable/detachable parts such as eyes, no protruding parts or sharp edges, no toys with marbles or magnets.
- Fire regulations forbid electrical, spark-producing, or friction-producing toys.
- We can not accept home-made items, including cards and other decorations.
- Read the toy or craft item label to be sure all materials are non-toxic and non-latex.
- No religious toys or toys that depict violence such as guns or knives.
- Please consider the cultural diversity of our children when making gift selections.
- While all gifts must be unwrapped, we always welcome donations of gift wrap and packaging such as bags and tissue paper.