Current Visitor Restrictions at Noyes Memorial Hospital, effective Thursday, June 10
Visitation for Patients Admitted to the Hospital
One visitor is permitted at a time for each hospitalized patient.
- A patient can have any number of visitors throughout their hospital stay, but only one can visit at a time.
- A total of two individuals can visit per day, but at different times. Each visitor can visit for up to 4 hours.
- Patients who are COVID Positive or are under investigation for COVID are allowed one visitor (the same person) for up to four hours per day. Only one visitor will be allowed for the duration of the patients stay at the hospital.
If a patient has only one visitor, that person can stay the entire day, and can leave the hospital and return during that day’s visiting time.
Visitors taking turns to visit a patient are asked to switch outside of the hospital.
All visitors must be at least 18 years old.
Visiting hours are between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m.
Visitation is limited to up to 4 consecutive hours per visitor, per day.
- Pediatric Patients: 2 designated individuals during visiting hours of 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.,
- OB Patients in Labor: 1 identified support person and 1 visitor or doula during labor. After delivery, the support person is permitted to stay, and the visitor/doula can visit up to 4 hours each day.
- Developmental Disabilities/Cognitive Impairment Patients: 1 support person with no time limitations, as deemed necessary by the care team.
- End-of-life Patients: 2 individuals may visit at the same time.
Emergency Department and Surgical Services
- 1 visitor may accompany the patient.
Dialysis Unit, Interventional Radiology
- Visitors are not permitted for safety precautions.
- Space does not allow for social distancing when visitors are present.
- Exception guidelines will still be followed.
When You Visit in the Hospital: Guidelines to Follow
- A hospital-issued mask (we will provide) must be worn at all times. Wear your mask correctly: nose and mouth must be covered.
- Wash your hands often: Wash with soap for at least 20 seconds and use sanitizer – ask for some if none is available to you.
- Individuals who are sick or suspected of having COVID may not visit. You will be screened for symptoms on arrival to the hospital, and your temperature will be checked.
- After screening, you will receive a visitor pass – which is only a one-day pass.
- Social distance: stay 6 feet apart from other people.
- Stay in your patient’s room: no walking in the halls unless necessary. If you smoke, please bring nicotine replacement.
- When you leave the hospital, help everyone stay safe: remain masked, wash your hands after visiting, and maintain social distancing.