Noyes Health COVID-19 Service Updates
Beginning Monday, February 8, 2021, UR Medicine | Noyes Health once again will allow inpatients to have visitors at Noyes Memorial Hospital in Dansville, with significant limitations.
Patients in the hospital Emergency Department, also will be permitted one visitor/caregiver per visit.
Limitations will be as follows:
- Visitors, 18 years of age and older only, will enter Noyes Memorial Hospital through designated doors.
- Inpatient visiting hours will be 2:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. every day, and are subject to change.
- Each inpatient is allowed one visitor per day during these hours, who must stay in the patient room throughout the visit. Once the visitor leaves, he or she will not be allowed to re-enter the building that day.
- Visitors will not be allowed for COVID-positive patients, in either the Emergency Department or on the patient floor.
- Exceptions will be made for patients at end of life, pediatric patients or for those patients who are unable to communicate on their own due to cognitive or other disability.
Visitation directives for obstetric patients will remain the same: 1 visitor or support person who will remain with the patient throughout labor, delivery and post-partum.
Upon entry into the hospital, visitors will be given a mask which will be worn throughout the visit, instructed on how to wear it properly, and educated on hand cleaning. They will be screened at the door for COVID exposure, travel, and symptoms.
Noyes staff also will ask visitors to provide identification and contact information, and will be given additional information prior to heading to the patient’s room. Staff will enforce masking, as well as distancing in the elevator and hallways.
UR Medicine and its affiliates, in collaboration with Rochester Regional Health, have implemented "universal masking" to help slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus. Learn more about the masking requirements.
Testing & Pricing
Because insurance coverages can change suddenly, we urge all patients to check with their insurer to determine your price cost sharing for COVID testing. Learn more about COVID-19 related testing costs.
Resumption of Outpatient Surgery
Noyes Health has resumed outpatient surgical services at the Ambulatory Surgery Center in Geneseo, and elective surgery at Saunders Surgical Center at Noyes Memorial Hospital in Dansville. Safety measures implemented since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic will remain in place, including universal masking, temperature screenings and visitor restrictions.
All patients undergoing elective surgeries and/or non-urgent procedures in New York state are required to be tested for COVID-19. The New York State Department of Health has provided specific guidance on patient selection (see below); highlights are as follows:
- All patients who will undergo moderate or deep sedation, and/or require an anesthesiologist for their elective surgery or non-urgent procedure must be tested no more than 72 hours before the surgery and/or procedure.
- Minor procedures and surgeries performed with minimal sedation DO NOT require pre-procedure testing.
Noyes Health Practices
Noyes Primary Care, Creekside Family Medicine, Genesee Regional Orthopedics, Noyes Physical Therapy and Sports Performance, and Noyes Pain Management have resumed in-office appointment schedules at this time. Video conference and telephonic visits may be an option, depending on the situation.
In all cases, patient office visits will be staggered to allow for extra cleaning between appointments and for physical distancing in waiting areas.
Noyes Mental Health and Wellness will continue to accept walk-in crisis visits at this time, but individuals needing help should, whenever possible, call (585)335-4316 before coming to the office. Beginning Monday, January 18, until further notice, clients with scheduled appointments, with the exception of injections, will meet with their therapist via teleconference or by phone. If you have any questions, please contact the clinic at (585)335-4316.
At Noyes Urgent Care - Geneseo and Noyes After Hours in Dansville, only patients will be allowed in the office. All others are asked to remain outside the building.
At Noyes Kidney Disease and Dialysis only patients will be allowed to enter the building for treatment. No additional visitors allowed until further notice.
The Spice Box Gift Shop on the ground floor of Nicholas H. Noyes Memorial Hospital in Dansville and Noyes Cafeteria on the lower level are open to employees only.
Noyes' County Health Department Partners