Current Restrictions at Jones Memorial Hospital
To maintain a safe environment for Jones Memorial Hospital patients, families and staff, and reduce exposure to COVID-19, JMH is suspending visiting hours in light of a recent increase in positive COVID-19 cases in Allegany County and surrounding areas. Effective Oct. 15, there will be a ZERO-visitor policy for adult patients except for support persons as outlined below.
- Pediatric patients may have one guardian visitor.
- OB patients may have one support person with them throughout labor and delivery.
- One support person is allowed when deemed essential to the care of the patient, meaning it is medically necessary.
- One support person is allowed for any patient with an intellectual and/or developmental disability and patients with cognitive impairments, including dementia.
- End-of-life visitation will be allowed.
- The Jones Memorial Hospital café is closed to the public until further notice.
Hospital staff will continue to verbally screen all those entering any JMH building or practice.
*All hospital services and practices remain open and fully capable of caring for our community’s needs. At this time, this policy change does not impact any surgeries or procedures.
Further information regarding our visitation policy is available here.
COVID-19 Informational Videos