Your Community Hospital
CARING FOR FAMILY, FRIENDS, AND NEIGHBORS
As a rural, community hospital, Jones Memorial Hospital faces unique challenges that our larger, urban facilities do not. Collaborating with local community agencies that provide services needed by our community makes us all stronger and healthier.
Wellness is a major focus at Jones Memorial. Here are a few events that encourage our community to stay healthy. Here are some of the Community Wellness Initiatives funded by the proceeds from the RidgeWalk & Run and the GLOW 5K Run & Walk:
- Free Health & Wellness Screening events throughout the community and at Jones Memorial Hospital each May
- Glucose screenings at the Andover Maple Festival and Angelica Heritage Days
- Glucose & Cholesterol screenings at the Cuba Garlic Festival, Angelica Lawn Sale Days, and at Belfast Lions Club and Bolivar Lions Club events.
- Blood Pressure Machines at JMH & YMCA provide a convenient way for those who need to track their blood pressure to monitor their BP
- Hydration Stations at the Wellsville YMCA and at the hospital to encourage water consumption by providing an environmentally friendly water bottle refill stations
- For the safety of runners and walkers who use the RiverWalk Trail, JMH lead a project to extend the trail so that it goes under the bridge on Route 417 and resumes on the other side of the highway.
- The Wellness Committee provided Chamber of Commerce Gift Card at each of the six Community Blood Bank Blood Drives held at JMH each year for a drawing among the donors at each drive
- Recently provided gas card incentives to encourage county residents to complete the 2019 Community Health Assessment survey
- Walking in Wellsville Kiosks with measured walking maps and measured walking routes through the village and Island Park, where walkers can connect to the WAG Trail , a multi-use recreational trail that stretches from Wellsville to Pennsylvania border.
- RidgeWalk & Run An outdoor fall event that includes something for all ages and fitness levels!