If you struggle to lose certain fat through diet and exercise, CoolSculpting® can target the stubborn areas and help you get rid of it. CoolSculpting® is a non-surgical procedure that uses cooling technology to freeze fat cells, which causes the body to naturally eliminate them in the weeks following the treatment.
How It Works
- Your clinician positions the CoolSculpting® device on your body.
- A gel pad and applicator are applied to the desired area.
- Vacuum applicators draw the tissue into the applicator cup.
- CoolSculpting® technology delivers controlled cooling to freeze fat cells under the skin.
The CoolSculpting® Process
Many of us have stubborn fat despite diet and exercise.
CoolSculpting® effectively targets fat cells underneath the skin without damage to the skin or surrounding tissues. Treated fat cells are frozen and then die.
In the weeks that follow, the body naturally processes and eliminates these dead fat cells. Treated fat cells are gone for good!
CoolSculpting® can be used to contour the following areas:
- Abdomen (belly)
- Inner and outer thighs
- Flanks (love handles)
- Under the neck
- Under the buttocks
If you’re interested in CoolSculpting®, UR Medicine Cosmetics is here to support you in taking the next step. Plus, you can feel confident that your procedure will be supervised by a board-certified and fellowship-trained physician.
What to Expect
Before the Procedure
First, your provider will meet with you for a consultation to discuss your goals and create your treatment plan. You’ll look at your body from different angles and choose the specific areas you want to treat.
During the Procedure
Your clinician positions the CoolSculpting® device on your body and uses an applicator to deliver controlled cooling through the targeted area. When the controlled cooling is first applied, you may feel an intense cold or mild pinching. This soon goes away. During the CoolSculpting® treatment, you can just sit back and relax. Feel free to read, check your phone, or even take a nap.
After the Procedure
CoolSculpting® is a non-invasive procedure, so it requires little to no downtime. Your body will eliminate the fat cells gradually, so it can take up to three months for patients to see results. Some patients will achieve their goals after one treatment, but depending on your needs, you may choose to have more. You must wait 4 months after your first CoolSculpting® treatment before you have another one.
Why UR Medicine Cosmetics?
The doctors and nurses at UR Medicine Cosmetics are:
- Highly qualified: With any medical procedure, it’s crucial to choose a highly-trained, experienced provider. Dr. Weinstein is one of the only fellowship-trained cosmetic and laser surgeons in Western NY.
- Customized care: You’re unique – both in your appearance and your preferences. We will discuss your goals and expectation to develop a tailored plan to meet your expectations.
- Comfortable environment: Your procedure will take place in private, comfortable atmosphere. Our brand-new facility is centrally located, and includes free parking.