The EAP Can Do That
Mental health might come to mind when you think about your employee assistance program, but this is only scratching the surface. There are numerous ways EAPs can help, so never dismiss the program as an avenue to resolve a problem you face. Ways EAPs help that are often overlooked:
- Acting as a sounding board when you face a tough decision.
- Help for deciding whether you need a professional counselor or a completely different type of resource.
- Problem solving about how to help a friend who won’t get help or admit they have a problem.
- Guidance on handling a personality clash with a coworker or boss.
- Help to rule out whether you are depressed, burnt out, or experiencing signs of any other condition.
Keith Stein |