Thank you Liz!
- Liz took a careful history and explained the procedure. She gently scoped my larynx, then shared the video with me. Her professional manner with a personal touch put me at ease.
Above and Beyond Care!
- We had a patient come in who had her tracheoesophageal puncture fall out over the weekend. The SLPs who had the skillset and access to supplies to replace it were not on call at the time, so we were considering admitting the patient and/or keeping her NPO until the following day. The patient was understandably highly anxious about staying in the hospital, especially given COVID concerns. And she was also at high risk for aspiration with the TEP out. Pete learned about this and came in over the weekend to replace the TEP despite having the weekend off. He had stated that this was not a good time for any of our patients to spend a night in the ED if we can avoid it. This expedited this patient's care and most significantly, prevented her from having to stay overnight or remain NPO any longer than she needed to be. She was extremely appreciative and we are too.
- Amy has done a tremendous amount of work, with time and effort and patience, to help one of our most complex rehab patients find her voice again and begin to advocate for herself. So much has come out as a result of Amy's efforts! The patient had so much to say, thank you!
Thank you, Ashtin!
Thank you so much, Annie!
- Annie was assigned to do a swallowing test on my mother when she was in the hospital. Because of my mother's dementia, she was generally not very cooperative, but Annie was able to engage with her, had her laughing, and was able to get her to open her mouth. She also distracted her long enough for the nurse to change the bed sheets . She was really kind and helpful to my mother! With my mother's dementia, she often cannot comprehend what is going on and why. That makes her very distrusting and uncooperative with any medical staff. Because of Annie's skill and compassion, she was able to reassure my mother, at a time when the family could not visit because of COVID-19. This reassurance made the tests possible and she was able to return to her home sooner which was very important. Also because of Annie's kindness, my mother actually remembered her from a previous hospital visit, which shows this is how Annie always does her job.
Annie Went Above and Beyond!
Thank you, Annie!
- I know Annie is a speech pathologist, so I reached out to her when my grandma was in the hospital because I knew my grandma was going to have a swallow evaluation. The order wasn't in yet, and Annie was going offsite, so she contacted the PA, received the order, and completed the bedside evaluation within less than an hour of me calling her. She was so efficient, and really put me at ease. She went WAY ABOVE AND BEYOND to see my loved one. Annie really showed how dedicated she is to her work and her patients in how she pursued the order and saw this patient so quickly.
Thank you, Sheryl and Gerriann!
- Sheryl and Gerriann have saved me from having surgery by teaching me many strategies to improve breathing! They believed in me and encouraged me to improve my voice and breathing! They inspired me to not give up in the face on my many Parkinson's problems over the past 4 years. They always look to provide me the newest strategies and for me to stick with them!
Thank you, Annie!
- Annie has an upbeat, positive attitude and approach. She sought out working with my loved one throughout her stay. Annie always gave excellent explanations and encouraging feedback. My loved one loves working with Annie, responds to her style, and makes significant improvements in her care.
Thank you, Lisa!
- Lisa was caring, professional, and very informative! She was upbeat and enthusiastic about her role in educating and helping me! I very much appreciate her services. I received detailed explanation of my condition and how to proceed from there. She asked questions and offered encouragement! She's a great asset to U of R Medicine!