RTC Webinar Series
The Regional Training Center Monthly Webinar Series is a new, collaborative training initiative designed to plumb the depths of all-hazards preparedness and response. Each month, guest lecturers will lend subject-matter expertise to particular topics that materially impact healthcare coalitions. These 60-90-minute engagements will focus on best-practices, regulatory updates, training, incident management, and/or personal accounts of real-world responses.
JULY 2021: MCI Preparedness: A Case Study
Date/Time: July 21, 2021 @ 11:00am – 12:30pm via Zoom
Description: MARO RTC is coordinating a case study discussion of the Boston Marathon bombing response. During this compelling interview, pre-hospital and hospital care providers from Boston will share their real-world experiences from that tragic day.
REGISTER HERE: RTC-BP3-S1-072021-MARO
Deadline to register 7/19/21
Hosted by: MARO RTC
AUGUST 2021: Emerging Infectious Disease Readiness – Lessons from COVID-19
Date/Time: August 17, 2021 @ 10:30am – 11:30am via Zoom
Description: The WR-FLRTC has invited Dr. Syra Madad, DHSc, MSc, MCP, a pathogen preparedness expert and infectious disease epidemiologist and the Senior Director of the System-wide Special Pathogens Program at NYC Health + Hospitals to discuss Emerging Infectious Disease Readiness: Lessons from COVID-19. Dr. Madad was featured in the Netflix documentary series Pandemic: How to Prevent an Outbreak and the Discovery Channel documentary The Vaccine: Conquering COVID.
REGISTER HERE: RTC-BP3-S2-O82021-WR
Deadline to Register: 8/15/21
Hosted By: WR FLRTC
SEPTEMBER 2021: Rise of the Machines: Rescue and Patient Care for Industrial and Agricultural Incidents
Date/Time: September 29, 2021 @ 10:00am – 11:30am via Zoom
Description: The CNYRTC has invited William Hallinan, RN, MSBA, Trauma Program Manager at University of Rochester Medical Center to discuss Rise of the Machines: Rescue and Patient Care for Industrial and Agricultural Incidents. This engaging presentation will focus on s systematic approach to common types of incidents and injuries that result from mechanical accidents and the development of prioritized plans of care for patients with mechanical trauma.
REGISTER HERE: RTC-BP3-S3-092021-CNY
Deadline to Register: 09/26/2021
Hosted by: CNY RTC
OCTOBER 2021: Cybersecurity
- Registration deadlines are FIRM
- Confirmations and Zoom/Webex Links will be sent to the email address linked to your NYSDOH LMS Profile. Double check your LMS profile prior to submitting registration for email accuracy. Zoom links will be unique to your registration and should not be shared with others.
- Topics are in review for addition to the NYSDOH HPP Pre-Approved List
- Current topics for the RTC Monthly Webinar Series include:
* MCI Preparedness * Emerging Infectious Disease Readiness * Farm Trauma * Cybersecurity * Home Care, Palliative Care & Hospice Partners in Preparedness/Response * Disability Awareness * Radiation Injury Treatment Network * Burn Care * Poison Prevention * Volunteer Organizations Active in Disasters * Preventing and Responding to Aggressive Patient Behavior * (Topics and speakers are subject to change)
- Registration for all webinars will be hosted on the NYSDOH Learning Management System (LMS). Search course catalog for RTC-BP3
- Sessions will be recorded and available on the NYSDOH LMS within 2 weeks of Live Session date. Use the same the registration link to access the recorded session.
- DIRECT ANY QUESTIONS TO THE HOST RTC:
Capital District: email@example.com
Central Region: WagneKel@upstate.edu
Western Region/FLRTC: firstname.lastname@example.org