The hospital's officers recognize that the future growth of the hospital depends upon the generosity of the community. Upon realizing that people do not respond in making donations to a memorial hospital, with Mrs. Appleton's blessing the name of the hospital is once again changed, this time to Hahnemann Hospital of Rochester.
The hospital owns two ambulances—one on wheels and one on runners. When a "hurry call" (emergency) comes in, the floor nurse blows a whistle kept at the South entrance near the doctor's office—three blows for fast ambulance, and one blow when the driver can take his time.
Rufus A. Sibley's generosity in funding the Sibley building lays the foundation for future development of the hospital.
Eight thousand loads of ashes are used to fill the basin between the hospital and the Nurses' Residence, thus enabling grass and trees to be planted to create a new lawn area.
The hospital receives a new ambulance from the Cunningham Carriage Factory. It is painted black with red trimmings, and the interior is lined with mahogany. With it come two horses, a double harness, and a new uniform for the driver.
The hospital finds friends in Mrs. Maria Eastman and her son George. Mrs. Eastman conceives the plan and furnishes the means for the hospital to maintain a visiting nurse to give service to the needy. This type of service becomes synonymous with the term "Eastman Nurse." After his mother's death in 1907, George Eastman continues to provide this service.
Hahnemann Hospital Nursing Training School is licensed by the State Board of Regents.
Financed by the hospital's directors, as well as Mr. E.N. Curtice, Mr. H.B. Graves, and Mr. C.L. Griffeth, the Ward building is erected which increases the hospital's capacity to 50 beds.
Made possible by funds received from Mr. George Eastman, a new three-story building is constructed to include an operating room, x-ray room, and room for 30 additional beds.