Classes & Tours
Highland Family Maternity Center classes and tours are designed for women and families to help them prepare for childbirth and the joys and challenges of caring for newborn infants.
Enjoy Learning with others through Zoom
Online classes are hosted live, by our highly educated staff, with the ability to interact with them as well as other parents participating. Our virtual classes offered are:
- Childbirth Series: A comprehensive look at labor, delivery and postpartum recovery. This series is designed to better prepare you for a positive birth experience.
- Breastfeeding: Led by our certified lactation consultants, this class will prepare you for confident breastfeeding and the benefits to you and your baby.
Learn Online, Anytime
We offer self-paced online classes covering pregnancy, labor, medical procedures, newborns and postpartum. These classes are designed for you to complete where, when and how you learn best.
- Understanding Birth: This interactive online course covers essential information on labor and delivery along with how to create your own birth plan. This class also highlights ways your partner can help throughout the process.
- Understanding Natural Childbirth Techniques: This interactive online course covers the philosophy behind natural childbirth and how to increase comfort through positioning, massage, breathing and much more.
- Understanding Your Newborn: This interactive online course covers essential information for the first six weeks and beyond, including clear video examples of bathing, feeding, diapering and when to call the doctor.
Live Zoom Tours
Led by our Family Maternity staff members, this online session is designed to put your mind at ease in days that traditional tours are not possible. Together we will review how to navigate parking, where to check in, the various areas that you will be before, during and after delivery along with any updates to visitation and hospital policies. These tours are held once a month and are free to attend.
For more information or questions, please contact us at (585) 473-2229 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Class financial assistance is available for those who qualify.
- For our non-English speaking and Deaf or Hard of Hearing patients, interpretation services are available.