The Center for Experiential Learning (CEL) has a dedicated and experienced educational programming team that is committed to the success of your program. Planning a Continuing Education program can be a challenge, requiring a significant commitment of time, energy, and resources; our team will work collaboratively with planning committees to ease this burden, and help ensure the success of your activity.
Based on your needs, our team offers the following options:
- Full Conference Coordination and Management
- Online Event Registration
- Logistics Support: URMC Internal Events
A dedicated Educational Program Coordinator will work collaboratively with activity directors in the design and implementation of a program, from certification through to post-program follow-up. Coordination services include:
- Meeting Planning
- Budget development
- Pre-registration and logistics
- Event Registration
- Marketing and Promotion
- Speaker Services/Amenities
- Commercial Funding
- Onsite Event Management
- Financial Closing & Post-Program Follow-up
To get started:
- Review the CEL Planning Process for a quick overview of the planning process and timeline for an Educational Conference/Symposium.
- Consult the Continuing Education and Planning Resources sections of our website.
- Contact the Educational Programming team at least 10-12 months in advance of the proposed program to ensure the necessary time to discuss the conference concept as well as its planning, approval, and promotion.
Ample time is required to ensure that there are sufficient human and physical resources from our end, and financial resources from the URMC department requesting the program, to support the proposed program.
If your department or group is simply looking for an online registration and payment solution, along with registration reporting capabilities, our office can provide you with this service. We request 30-day advance notice to create a registration portal.
Logistics Support for Events at URMC
If you will be serving food at an upcoming meeting or event scheduled* to take place at URMC, and/or if you require logistical support, please reach out to our Internal Events team. They will work with you to ensure that all of your event needs, and any URMC policies and guidelines for hosting an event on URMC property, are correctly met. Services provided by the URMC Internal Events team can include, but are not limited to:
- Environmental Services Support
- Furniture rental
- Parking Requests
*View the EMS Online Room Scheduler to see which room/space is available and when. Then, fill out the Service Request Form and submit your request as soon as possible, as URMC property is quick to be reserved!
Individuals or organizations external to URMC may have the opportunity to host an event on our property. Please refer to the Medical Center Event Policies page for more information.
Our team is here to help, so please contact us with any questions! We are located in room 2-7525 of the School of Medicine and Dentistry.
Manager, Educational Programming
Educational Activity Coordinator