Community Health Services
Below is a list of of agencies in and around Allegany County that provide a wide range of programs and services to meet the needs of area residents.
This list was developed by Jones Memorial Hospital to provide a quick reference to act as a guide to services for patients, families and caregivers. Please note some services and programs are not limited to what is listed and are subject to change without notice. Contacting the agencies regarding details of individual insurance criteria, services offered and details of programs is recommended. Please be advised, the attached list was compiled with the user’s needs in mind. It is by no means all-encompassing. If you feel something has been left off this list or there is information that needs to be corrected, please contact the Case Management Department at Jones Memorial Hospital. Use THIS LINK to print out this list.
NOTE: The services that are listed here are for information only and should NOT be considered an endorsement by Jones Memorial Hospital.
Allegany County Agencies:
- ACCORD: 84 Schuyler St. Belmont NY 585-268-7605 - Services: Family services, head start/early head start, food pantry, after school programs, child care, teen advisory board, housing assistance, housing repairs, lists of contractors, vehicle loans, domestic violence services etc.
- Ardent Solutions: 85 North Main Street Suite 4, Wellsville NY 14895 Phone: 585-593-5223 - Services: Family and Individual services for Allegany, Cattaraugus and Steuben counties, offering Community health programs such as Diabetes self-management and prevention, Chronic pain self-management, End of life planning, CPR, AED, and Basic first aid classes, Access Allegany transportation services such as Public Transit, Carpool, ride share, Car fit safety training. Injury prevention services such as Fall Prevention, Child Passenger safety and Suicide prevention. List of local food pantries.
- Allegany Co. Health Department: 7 Court St. Belmont NY 585-268-9250
- Catholic Charities: 67 East Pearl Street, Wellsville NY Phone: 585-296-3757 - Services: Emergency Financial Assistance, Counseling services for individuals, Couples, Families and groups, Support groups, Joyce Family Food Pantry, Parenting Education programs, Domestic Violence Victims Support group, Suicide Survivor Support Groups, Grief Resolution, Care Giver Supports.
- Allegany County Department of Social Services (DSS): 7 Court St County Office Building rm. 127, Belmont NY 585-268-9622 - Services: Child protective services, Adult protective service, SNAP benefits, assistance for Homeless, linkage with services such as insurance, HEAP, food pantries, drug and alcohol screening.
- Allegany County Office for the Aging: 6085 St. Rt. 19 N Belmont NY 585-268-9390 - Services: assistance with wide range of topics such as social security, legal services, Medicare, Medicaid, NY state EPIC program, Insurance counseling, Medicare Basics classes, Senior clubs, senior housing, home repair information, utility assistance, medical alert, Volunteer handyman, loan closet, housekeeper/chore services, telephone reassurance, friendly visitors (provides social contact through a one hour per week visit to client’s home), personal care aids, caregiver respite programs, Home Delivered Meals, Congregate Luncheon Centers, volunteer transportation for those 60 + to medical apt.(non-Medicaid), the bank, grocery shopping, pharmacy, OFA luncheon centers/functions and support groups/counseling. Alzheimer’s support services, support groups, caregiver education and consultations, HEAP, food pantries, Seniors Farmers Market Coupons, nutrition counseling, nutrition education and much more.
- NY Connects: 6085 St. Rt. 19 N Belmont NY Toll free- 1-866-268-9390 Services: assistance with finding services in Allegany County for anyone under 60 with a disability, age 60+ or caregivers. Free unbiased information, assistance and referral. Certified staff provide Person Centered Counseling to ensure you locate the services that meet your needs and your lifestyle. Application assistance is available to assist with Medicaid, SNAP, HEAP applications, Housing applications, Home Repair applications, etc. A resource directory of services is available to provide information on services such as ramps, housing, home repair programs, loan closets across Allegany County, food pantries, Medicaid spend down and pooled trusts, health care services, transportation, utility assistance programs, meals, unmet needs, children services, family and caregiver supports, insurance and much more.
- Salvation Army: 25 east Pearl St. Wellsville NY 14895 Phone: 585-593-2640 - Services: food pantry, clothing, teen groups, fellowship.
- 211 Help line: Dial 211 on your telephone or 1-800-346-2211 , Toll free confidential service/site that assists with finding Food and Meals, Financial Assistance, Housing, Health services, business/legal aid substance abuse, transportation services, money management, family services, Veteran services and much more. Servicing the following counties: Steuben, Chemung, Allegany, Schuyler and Yates.
HOME CARE SERVICES
- Home Care & Hospice: 118 North Main St. Wellsville NY Phone: 585-593-7600 - Services: Hospice program, Home Care, Palliative Care, Nursing home program. The Hospice program provides medical care and emotional support for patients and families coping with terminal illness, including physician oversight, skilled nursing, hospice aides, social work, spiritual care and bereavement care. Medicare-certified hospice service provider in Allegany, Cattaraugus, Genesee and Wyoming counties. Home care program provides services for the frail elderly, developmentally disabled, patients recovering from surgery or illness, as well as those living with long-term disability or illness. Payment: Medicare, Medicaid, Veteran’s Benefits some group/private insurances.
- Jan & Bev’s Home Care: 102 North Main St. Wellsville NY Phone: 585-593-3760 - Services: Nursing referral services that offer Home Health Aides, LPNs, RN services in the home, this is a 24 hour. service. Payment: Some private insurances, Medicaid and work with Veteran’s administration.
- Visiting Nurse Association (VNA) Certified Home Care Agency: 130 N. Union St. Olean NY Phone: 716-790-8303 - Services: skilled nursing, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, medical services, social services, Home health aides. Payment: Medicaid, Medicare, some group/private insurances.
- Willcare Certified Home Healthcare Agency: Main St. Wellsville NY Phone: 585-593-9410 - Services: skilled nursing, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, Social work, Nutritionist, health guidance visits, emotional support. Payment: Medicaid, Medicare, some group/private insurances.
SKILLED NURSING FACILITIES WITHIN 50 MILES OF JMH: Offering Short Term & Long Term residential Care, Skilled Nursing Services including IV medications, wound care, Wound Vac. Care, Palliative Care, Comfort Care, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Nutrition services, Speech therapy, Respite Care. (Note: Most insurance plans accepted. Please contact facilities for specific pricing and details regarding individual’s insurance plan.)
- Located in Allegany County NY
- Cuba Memorial Extended Care Facility: 140 West Main St. Cuba NY Phone: 585-968-3877 ext. 370 - Also offering pulmonary rehab/respiratory therapy
- Highland Park Rehabilitation and Nursing Center: 190 Seneca St. Wellsville NY Phone: 585-593-3750 - Also offering Respite care and comfort room designed for the terminally ill and their families.
- Houghton Rehabilitation and Nursing Center: 9876 Luckey Dr. Houghton NY Phone: 585-567-2207
- Wellsville Manor Care Center: 4100 Bolivar Rd. Wellsville NY Phone: 585-593-4400 - Also offering tracheostomy care
- Located in Cattaraugus County NY
- Absolute Care of Allegany: 2178 North 5th St. Allegany NY Phone: 716-373-2238
- Cattaraugus Co. Nursing Home – The Pines (Olean location): 2245 West State St. Olean NY Phone: 716-373-1910
- Cattaraugus Co. Nursing Home – The Pines (Machias Location): 9822 NY – 16 Machias NY Phone: 716-353-8516
- Located in Steuben County NY
- Elderwood of Hornell: 1 Bethesda Drive Hornell NY 607-324-6990
- Hornell Gardens Nursing Home Rohr Homes Inc.: 434 Monroe Ave. Hornell NY Phone: 607-324-7740
- Steuben Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare: 7009 Rumsey St. extension Bath NY Phone: 607-776-7651
- Taylor Health Center: Rt. 54 Bath NY Phone: 607-776-8500
ASSISTED LIVING FACILITIES: Assisted living facilities offer private pay residential living, some facilities offer Veteran’s discount. Please contact facility for specific pricing.
- Eden Heights: 161 South 25th St. Olean NY 14760 Phone: 716-372-4466 - Services Offered: Private and semi-private rooms, 24/7 personal care assistance, providing meals and snacks, medication management, housekeeping, laundry services, Worship services, Beauty/Barber Shop, Specialized Unit for those with Alzheimer’s/Dementia.
- Field of Dreams: 3260 North 7th St. Allegany NY 14706 Phone: 716-543-4200 - Services Offered: Customized wellness programs, Specialized memory care with Certified Dementia Practitioners on staff, Personal care assistance, Medication and healthcare assistance, Specially trained staff, available 24/7, Nutrition assistance and full meal service featuring chef-prepared meals, Full housekeeping services, including laundry, Scheduled transportation, Banking and business assistance, Day care and respite services available.
- Manor Hills: 4192-B Bolivar Rd 14895, Wellsville, New York, Phone: 585-593-9800 - Services offered: Private and semi-private rooms, 24/7 personal care assistance, providing meals and snacks, medication management, housekeeping, laundry services, Specialized Unit for those with Alzheimer’s/Dementia that is supervised by an RN/LPN.
Adult Day Care Programs, Offering multiple services such as Nursing, Activity programs, Social services, Meals, Medication assistance, therapy, & personal care
- Elderwood of Hornell: 1 Bethesda Drive Hornell NY Phone: 607-324-6990
- Highland Adult Day Services: 100 Chamberlain Wellsville NY 14895 Phone: 585-593-6020
- Total Senior Care: Olean and Wellsville locations
- Olean: 519 North Union St. Olean NY 14760 Phone: 716-379-8474
- Wellsville: 194 North Main St. Wellsville NY 14895 Phone 866-939-8613
Medical Loan Closets: Supply Durable Medical Equipment available for loan, and return when no longer needed. (Note: recommend calling ahead to ensure availability of equipment and hours of operation)
- Allegany Co. Office for the Aging/NY Connects: 6085 State Rt. 19 North, Belmont NY 14813 Phone: toll free 1-866-268-9390
- Bolivar American Legion: 387 Main St. Bolivar NY 14715 Phone: 585-928-2827
- Cornerstone Medical Loan Closet: 920 North 4th Street, Olean NY 14760 Phone: 716-372-6073
- Wellsville American Legion: 23 Jefferson St. Wellsville NY 14895 Phone: 585-593-5345
- Home Care Supplies/Area Medical Vendors: Offering durable medical equipment and supplies that are available by prescription and not able to be obtained by some pharmacies, please contact the vendor for details regarding products, availability, details regarding individual insurance plans and hours of operation.
- Cole Care: 1001 East 2nd St. Coudersport, PA 16915 Phone: 814-872-7250 Services: CPAP, Bipap, diabetic shoes, Home Medical Equipment, mastectomy products, respiratory/oxygen equipment and supplies, etc.
- Lincare: 3 6th St Canisteo NY 14823 Phone: 607-698-5100 (Olean Location: 700 West State St. #4 Olean NY 14760 Phone: 716-373-5704). Services: Home Oxygen, Nebulizer, CPAP, Bipap and supplies, Ventilator supplies and equipment, full line of Durable medical equipment, etc.
- Medical Services: 7499 Seneca Rd N #6, Hornell, NY 14843 Phone: 607-324-0335 - Services: Home Oxygen, Nebulizer, CPAP, Bipap and supplies, Ventilator supplies and equipment, full line of Durable medical equipment, etc.
- Olean General Health Systems: 234 Homer St. Olean NY 14760 Phone: 716-373-0676 - Services: Home oxygen equipment/supplies, full line of Durable medical equipment, etc.
- Southern Tier Home Medical Supplies: 67 North Main St. Wellsville NY 14895 Phone 585-593-3050 - Services: a full line of Durable Medical Equipment and Supplies, Mastectomy supplies, Orthotic supplies, Respiratory Therapy with home oxygen equipment and supplies, etc.
- Allegany County Veteran’s Services: 6085 NYS Route 19 Belmont NY 14813 Phone: 585-268-9387 - Services: Assist Veterans in the county and their families with obtaining Local, State, and Federal benefits. Providing help with the benefits that they are entitled and assist with the application process. They also advocate for, new services and programs for Veteran’s and their families to help enhance quality of life.
- Wellsville Veteran’s Administration Health Clinic: 3458 Riverside Drive, Route 19 Wellsville, NY 14895 Phone: 607-664-4660 Or 607-664-4660. Providing a wide range of services to Veteran’s such as, Primary care services, Annual physical examination, VA prescribed medications, Health screenings, Full range of wellness programs, Behavioral health services, Patient health education, Immunizations, Routine laboratory work, Dietary counseling, Free parking, Handicapped accessible: full and easy access for all veterans, Personal care assistance - A health care team consisting of physicians, nurses, and clerical staff provide primary care services at the clinic, promoting health maintenance and preventive medicine.
- Veterans Crisis Line call 1-800-273-8255 press 1.
- Veteran’s TelCare at 1-888-838-7890. A service offered to Veterans in need of medical advice after normal clinic hours can call TeleCare.
Transportation: Please contact the transportation services regarding details of services offered, insurances accepted and/or private pay options.
- Access Allegany Public Transport: For information on schedules, bus stop locations, fares, route deviations, or flag stop requests, Contact the ACCESS Allegany Call Center at 585-593-1738, Monday-Friday; 8:00a.m.-12:00p.m.and 12:30p.m.-4:30 pm.
- Non- Emergency Medicaid Transportation (MAS): Medical transportation services provided to those enrolled in Medicaid. Phone: 1-866-271-0564 works with multiple transportation vendors such as ACM transport, Buffalo Transportation, CBR Transport, Hal’s Medical Transport, Isaman Motors, luxury Limo’s, MTS and many others.
- CBR Transport LLC: Phone: 585-728-9019, Providing non-emergency medical transport services such as Wheel Chair transport as well as Mini Van transport for those that are ambulatory. Works with some insurance plans. Hours of operation 7:00 am – 7:00 PM Mon-Fri.
- Medical Transport Services (MTS): 4194 Main St. Scio NY 14880 Phone: 585-593-1977 Works with several insurance Plans