Create Persistent Links to Electronic Journal Articles
Providing persistent links or URLs to electronic journal articles instead of distributing photocopies avoids violating Copyright Law, saves money and is good for the environment.
Persistent links are stable and allow authorized users to access the articles when off campus. The links can be inserted in Blackboard course pages or other web pages.
- Locate the desired full-text article in an electronic journal subscribed to by the University of Rochester libraries.
- Locate the article's DOI (Digital Object Identifier). DOIs are unique, persistent numbers assigned to most recent journal articles.
- If you cannot find a DOI, look for a stable URL provided by the publisher. Often the stable URL displays as the address of the web page for the full-text article.
- Open Miner Library's Journal Article Link Generator.
- Click YES if you have a DOI, then paste the DOI in the first box. Click Create Link to create a persistent link.
- Click NO if you do not have a DOI, then copy the publisher's stable URL in the first box and click Create Link.
- Test the new persistent link to make sure it works.
- Finally, copy the persistent link and insert it into your Blackboard course page or other web page.