90 Crittenden Boulevard
Rochester, NY 14642
The James P. Wilmot Cancer Center is the Wilmot Cancer Institute's flagship location. This 84-bed cancer center offers patients and their families comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services, and it is home to one of upstate New York’s largest blood and marrow transplant programs.
As the region's leader in cancer research, Wilmot Cancer Center maintains a large network of clinical trials that offer new therapies and options that may not be available anywhere else upstate. In addition, Wilmot's team of scientists have laboratories in the building and across the University of Rochester Medical Center campus. They investigate many aspects of cancer, and their proximity allows them to collaborate with physicians to provide cutting-edge, precision cancer care.
Patient & Visitor Information
Valet parking is available weekdays only for cancer patients with an oncology appointment from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Wilmot Cancer Center's entrance on Crittenden Boulevard. Valet parking is $4.
- Patients and visitors may also use Strong Memorial Hospital's main parking garage.
- Radiation Oncology patients with passes may use the designated parking lot at the corner of Crittenden Boulevard and East Drive. If the lot is full, they may use the valet parking without charge.
Inpatient Services & Amenities
The three top floors of Wilmot Cancer Center are home to the inpatient units for Blood and Marrow Transplant, Adult Hematology/Oncology and Surgical Oncology. They feature breathtaking views of the greater Rochester region and vastly upgraded patient and family amenities, all designed to align with our commitment to patient and family centered care, including:
- Private rooms with family areas/amenities built in for additional comfort and convenience
- Laundry facilities for patients and their guests
- Onsite imaging services, leading to faster, more streamlined care
- Onsite urgent care/triage area to help patients avoid trips to the emergency department
Outpatient services feature five radiation treatment areas and a large infusion center that is open seven days a week for patients who need chemotherapy. In addition, patients have access to:
- On-site labs for blood work
- Supportive resources including social work and help navigating benefits and financial assistance programs
- Wig, scarves, and prosthesis resources
- Monthly support groups for patients
- Advanced diagnostic testing for certain cancers, which helps physicians to tailor treatments more precisely to a patient’s needs
- Outpatient palliative care services to help with pain and symptom management, as well as decision-making, throughout the treatment process
- Survivorship care planning to help patients navigate life after treatment
Amenities at Strong Memorial Hospital
A number of hospital amenities are available to Wilmot Cancer Center patients, including dining options, the Friends of Strong Gift Shop and access to outdoor garden seating areas. To learn more about these and other features during your visit, stop by the Wilmot Cancer Center information desk or view a map of the University of Rochester Medical Center campus.