The Noyes Diabetes Education Program is an American Association of Diabetes Educators-recognized program that offers comprehensive diabetes education.
It’s designed to help you access the information you need to control your diabetes and live a healthy lifestyle—and empower you to assume responsibility for its effective management.
1. On Going Diabetes Education: One-to-One Counseling Close to Home
Private education session: An initial meeting with a Diabetes Educator in Dansville, Geneseo, Hornell and in some area physician offices in Canaseraga, Nunda & Cohocton. For individualized information and education about diabetes—you will begin to gain the necessary skills to manage your diabetes.
A change in medication: adding pills, non insulin injections or insulin: If your physician has determined that it is time to start insulin, you may meet individually with the Diabetes Educator to learn about storage and administration of insulin, delivery devices, and more.
FREE glucose meters: Most glucose meters can be obtained from your Diabetes Educator along with training.
Insulin pump: A Certified Diabetes Educator is available to assist with insulin pump starts and ongoing pump support.
2. Continued Counseling: Additional private education sessions are available with the Diabetes Educators.
3. Continuous Glucose Monitoring: A screening test for patients to help evaluate current medications, evaluate blood sugar patterns, identify low blood sugar and more.
4. Insulin Pump Starts and Support: First time with an insulin pump, upgrading to a new pump - this service makes sure you understand and are maximizing your pump.
5. Life with Diabetes: this group learning program provides diabetes self-management education to help patients take charge of their condition—to improve their health and decrease long-term affects of uncontrolled diabetes.
Diabetes Education Classes - Pick your mix; 3 different, 3 hour classes offered on different days and times to accommodate all schedules (Classes run 9 am - 12 pm)
- Food and Beyond:
- What to eat, carbs, protein, fats & more
- Solving the serving size mystery
- Sorting through labels (bring your own)
- What to do with that glucometer - learn your patterns
- Complications and Exercise:
- HgA1C - what is this? How did I get here?
- The impact of illness on my blood sugar
- Exercise basics, local options
- The diabetes connection with our eyes, feet, kidneys, heart and more
- Why do I need them? How do they work?
- Hypoglycemia - recognize it and treat it
- Advanced carbohydrate counting
- Using your meter to your advantage
- Do you have an emergency plan?
Call (585) 335-4355 for dates and times for monthly classes held in Dansville.
6. Fees and Insurance Information
Individual consultation fees and classes are reimbursed by many insurance carriers. It is recommended that you consult your insurance company prior to your visit. Financial assistance is available for those who are uninsured or under-insured.
To schedule appointments for any diabetes education services, please contact the Diabetes Educator at (585) 335-4355 or email@example.com.
*Classes are free of charge through December 2018 after individual appt with one of our educators.