Specialized Neonatal, Infant, and Childhood Care
UR Medicine's Golisano Children’s Hospital provides comprehensive care for children and their families. It is a world class children's hospital, and home to a full spectrum of pediatric specialists, from neurosurgery to cardiology, all of which is comforting if you are expecting an early baby or a baby with challenges diagnosed before birth.
Golisano Children’s Hospital employs more than 200 pediatric specialists and provides a spectrum of care that spans more than 40 specialty areas, serving the more than 85,000 children and their families each year. It serves as the referral center for all seriously ill or injured children from the 17-county Finger Lakes region and beyond.
Our missions are to provide comprehensive care for children and their families, educate future pediatricians and pediatric specialists, and perform progressive research that will lead to the medical breakthroughs of tomorrow.
The Specialists You Need, When You Need Them
We know that experience matters, and we want you have as much information as possible when choosing the best care for your children.
Golisano Children’s Hospital by the Numbers
- With 124 beds, we are the area’s only children’s hospital, and serve as the referral center for all seriously ill or injured children from the 17-county Finger Lakes region.
- Over the past decade, we have been ranked as a Top 50 children’s hospital by US News & World Report in 6 out of 10 categories (endocrinology/diabetes, gastroenterology, neonatology, nephrology, neurology/neurosurgery, and orthopaedics).
- We perform 21,300 pediatric surgeries per year covering numerous subspecialties, including the only WNY center offering pediatric cardiac surgery.
- Approximately 1 in 12 babies born in the region start their lives in our NICU, which is the only Level IV NICU in the region.
- We are the largest pediatric ICU in Western and Central NY, averaging 825 admissions per year.
- We are the first children’s hospital in the country with an integrated PET/MRI, designed to look like a pirate ship to put our patients at ease.
When you are expecting a baby with a medical condition, it is important to know that your team has prior experience treating similar infants. Although every baby is unique, it is important to know that Golisano Children's Hospital and UR Medicine's Maternal-Fetal Care team are the most experienced teams in the Upstate region in caring for these infants and their mothers.
Golisano Children's Hospital sees the highest numbers of the more common types of these rare fetal conditions in the Upstate region, and has team members on site every day with the experience to care for these complex infants and children.