For women who seek to avoid an unintended pregnancy or plan to start a family and have a complex medical condition, we work closely with the UR Medicine Complex Contraception Clinic. This clinic provides access to the highest quality of care for women with conditions that complicate contraception management such as medications, blood clots, neurologic or heart disease, or prior poor experiences with contraception.
The UR Medicine Complex Contraception Clinic Services include:
- Combined hormonal contraception: pills/patch/ring
- Progestin-only contraceptives
- Progestin-only pills
- Contraceptive Implants: Nexplanon®
- Intrauterine Devices (IUDs)
- Hormonal (Mirena®) and non-hormonal (Paragard®)
- Difficult insertions and removals
- Traditional tubal ligation
For more information, please call the UR Medicine Complex Contraception Clinic at (585) 275-2691.