Understanding Pregnancy Signals and Infant Development (UPSIDE)
Purpose of UPSIDE
The purpose of this study is to learn about how the ways in which a mother’s daily environment and changing emotions may affect her baby’s development. We are particularly interested in hormones, which are messengers that carry signals from a mother to her baby. We are trying to understand the ways in which those hormones influence the baby’s health and development.
What We Will Ask of You
- to meet with a study coordinator at a total of 10 visits (each trimester, birth, 1 month, 6 months, 12 months, 2 years, 3 years, and 4 years)
- to provide saliva, urine, and blood samples
- to respond to questionnaires
- to receive a short phone call
- to allow us to meet with you and your baby to do infant assessments and continue having you respond to questionnaires
You will be paid up to $330 in gift cards for taking part in this study.
- Visit 1-3: $40 each visit
- Saliva Samples: $15 each collection (3)
- Dietary Recall: $15
- Breastmilk Samples: $25
- Visit 4-10: $50 each visit
If you are currently participating in UPSIDE and have any questions please contact Jessica Brunner, the UPSIDE study coordinator.
Jessica Brunner, Sr. Study Coordinator