The Microbiology Laboratory offers bacteriology (ID and susceptibility), immunology, mycobacteriology, mycology, parasitology, serology, TB and virology testing including specialized antibiotic and antifungal studies. We evaluate and add infectious diseases molecular diagnostic tests on an ongoing basis.
An antibiogram documents the percent of isolated organisms susceptible to commonly prescribed antibiotics; the isolates tested are collected from a defined patient population and collected over a defined time period. Antibiograms may prove helpful in selecting empiric antibiotic coverage while awaiting specific culture and antimicrobial susceptibility test results for an individual patient
Strong Memorial Hospital
Golisano Children's Hospital
- Allergy testing performed on the Immunocap 250
- Herpes antibody type specific (Focus Select test) for Type 1 and Type 2 IgG antibody
- tTG-IgA (Tissue Transglutaminase) antibody for celiac disease diagnosis
- CCP IgG (Cyclic Citrullinated Peptide) antibody to aid in the early diagnosis of Rheumatoid arthritis
- Respiratory Virus Surveillance (Returning Nov. 2019)
- Cytomegalovirus viral load, monitored frequently in transplant patients
- EBV viral load, monitored frequently in transplant patients
- HIV viral load, to monitor treatment effectiveness
- HCV viral load, to monitor treatment effectiveness for Hepatitis C infection
- HBV viral load, to monitor treatment effectiveness for Hepatitis B infection
- HCV genotyping, used to predict length of treatment for Hepatitis C infection
For more information or to request our services, please contact Debra Jesien, Chief Supervisor, at (585) 275-1314.