Current Visitor Restrictions at Strong Memorial Hospital
Given the high transmissibility of the COVID Omicron variant, cloth masks are not permitted in UR Medicine hospitals, on- and off-site ambulatory clinics, clinical labs, and clinical research areas.
To keep everyone safe, medical masks must be worn and will be provided upon request.
Visitation for Patients Admitted to the Hospital
- Hours for visiting are between 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Pediatric Patients: 2 individuals at the bedside at a time. Up to 2 parents/guardians may stay overnight, depending on unit. Please check with unit leadership. Visit the Golisano Children's Hospital website for more details.
- For NICU: only 1 visitor may stay overnight.
- OB (patients in labor): 1 identified support person and 1 visitor will be permitted at the bedside at a time.
- Behavioral Health Care: Visiting hours from noon to 8 p.m.
- Developmental Disabilities/Cognitive Impairment Care: 1 support person, no time limitations, as care team deems necessary.
- End of Life Care: 2 individuals may visit at the same time.
Patients having Surgery or a procedure in the Cardiac Cath Lab or Electrophysiology Lab
- Only 1 visitor may accompany patient through the pre-surgical process.
- The visitor may remain socially distanced in a designated waiting room.
- If patient is admitted after surgery, visitation and exception guidelines will be followed.
Emergency Department and Observation Units
- 1 visitor at a time with the patient, allowing for a second designated visitor to alternate with them, when volume and safety within the department permit. If waiting room is too busy, visitors will be asked to leave.
- If the patient is admitted into the hospital, but still in the ED waiting for a bed, hospital visitation and exception guidelines will be followed.
Dialysis Unit, Infusion Center, & Interventional Radiology
- Visitors are not permitted due to space limitations
- Visitation exception guidelines will still be followed.
- 1 visitor allowed at a time with the patient.
Wilmot Cancer Center Visitor Policy
- Patients coming in for a clinic appointment may have one visitor or support person, when waiting room space allows.
- Visitors are currently not permitted in the radiation therapy waiting area because of the limited space available.
- One visitor is permitted at the bedside at a time. Visiting hours for hospitalized patients are between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m..
All visitors must review screening criteria for illness before entering. If waiting area space is too full, visitors may be asked to wait in their car until the visit begins. Please ask a staff member if you have questions.