Current Visitor Restrictions at Strong Memorial Hospital
Effective at 8 a.m. 8/25
Visitation for Patients Admitted to the Hospital
- Only 1 visitor is permitted per day
- A total of 2 individuals may be designated to visit during the hospital stay, but must alternate days
- All visitors must be at least 18 years old
- Hours for visiting are between 8 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Visitation is limited to 4 consecutive hours per day
- Patients with COVID: No visitors unless they meet one of the other exceptions.
- Pediatric Patients: 2 designated individuals during visiting hours, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. For overnight guidelines, ask the unit staff.
- OB Patients in Labor: One designated support person and one designated visitor.
- Behavioral Health Patients: Visiting hours from noon to 6 p.m.
- Developmental Disabilities/Cognitive Impairment Patients: 1 support person, no time limitations, as care team deems necessary.
- End-of-Life Patients: 2 individuals may visit at the same time.
Note: Visitor status will be reviewed as the patient’s condition changes.
Patients having Surgery or a procedure in the Cardiac Cath Lab or Electrophysiology Lab
- 1 visitor may accompany the patient through the pre-surgical process.
- The visitor may remain socially distanced in a designated waiting room.
- If patient is admitted after surgery, visitation and exception guidelines will be followed.
Emergency Department and Observation Units
- 1 visitor is allowed per patient throughout ED visit
- If the patient is admitted into the hospital, but still in ED waiting for a bed, hospital visitation and exception guidelines will be followed.
Dialysis Unit, Infusion Center, & Interventional Radiology
- Visitors are not permitted, as space does not allow for social distancing.
- Visitation exception guidelines will still be followed.
When You Visit in the Hospital: Guidelines to Follow
- A hospital-issued mask (we will provide) must be worn at all times, including when you are in the patient’s room. Those who fail to comply will be asked to leave the premises. Wear your mask correctly; nose and mouth must be covered.
- Wash your hands often. Wash with soap for at least 20 seconds. Use hand sanitizer; ask for some if none is available to you.
- Individuals who are sick or suspected of having COVID may not visit. You will be screened for symptoms on arrival to the hospital, and your temperature checked.
- After screening, you will receive a visitor pass – which is only a one-day pass.
- Social distance; stay 6 feet apart from other people.
- Stay in your patient’s room whenever possible. If you smoke, please bring nicotine replacement
- When you leave the hospital, do your part
When you leave the hospital, help everyone stay safe: remain masked, wash your hands after visiting, and maintain social distancing. For questions, call (585) 275-7555.
Wilmot Cancer Center Visitor Policy
- Patients coming in for a clinic appointment may have one visitor, when waiting room space allows.
- Visitors are currently not permitted in the infusion center or in radiation therapy waiting area because of the limited space available in these locations.
- Patients who are hospitalized may have a total of two individuals visit during the hospital stay, but they must alternate days. Each visit can be up to four hours in a blocked time frame. Visiting hours for hospitalized patients are between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m.
All visitors must go through a screening station before entering. If waiting area space is too full, visitors may be asked to wait in their car until the visit begins. Please ask a staff member if you have questions.