Current Visitor Restrictions at Strong Memorial Hospital
Visitation for Patients Admitted to the Hospital
One visitor is permitted at a time for each hospitalized patient.
- A total of two individuals may be designated to visit.
- Both visitors are permitted per day, but at different times.
Visitors taking turns to visit a patient are asked to switch outside of the hospital.
All visitors must be at least 18 years old.
Visiting hours are between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m.
Visitation is limited to up to 4 consecutive hours per visitor, per day.
- Pediatric Patients: 3 designated individuals during visiting hours of 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., but only 2 visitors at a time. For overnight guidelines, ask the unit staff.
- Obstetric Patients in Labor: 1 support person while in labor. After delivery, a second person can be designated, and can visit at the same time.
- Behavioral Health Patients: Visiting hours are from noon to 6 p.m.
- Developmental Disabilities/Cognitive Impairment Patients: 1 support person with no time limitations, as deemed necessary by the care team.
- End-of-life Patients: 2 individuals may visit at the same time.
- Patients with COVID: No visitors unless they meet one of the other exceptions.
Guidelines for Patients Having Surgery
- 1 visitor may accompany the patient during the pre-surgical process.
- 1 support person can remain socially distanced in the surgical waiting room.
- If the patient is admitted, visitation/exception guidelines will be followed.
ED, Dialysis Unit, Cardiac Cath Lab, Electrophysiology Lab, Interventional Radiology
- Visitors are not permitted for safety precautions.
- Space does not allow for social distancing when visitors are present.
- Exception guidelines will still be followed.
When You Visit in the Hospital: Guidelines to Follow
- A hospital-issued mask (we will provide) must be worn at all times. Wear your mask correctly: nose and mouth must be covered.
- Wash your hands often: Wash with soap for at least 20 seconds and use sanitizer – ask for some if none is available to you.
- Individuals who are sick or suspected of having COVID may not visit. You will be screened for symptoms on arrival to the hospital, and your temperature will be checked.
- Social distance: stay 6 feet apart from other people.
- Stay in your patient’s room: no walking in the halls unless necessary. If you smoke, please bring nicotine replacement.
- When you leave the hospital, help everyone stay safe: remain masked, wash your hands after visiting, and maintain social distancing.
For questions, call (585) 275-7555.
Wilmot Cancer Center Visitor Policy
- Patients coming in for a clinic appointment may have one visitor, when waiting room space allows.
- Visitors are currently not permitted in the infusion center or in radiation therapy waiting area because of the limited space available in these locations.
- Patients who are hospitalized may have two visitors per day, with each visiting up to four hours in a blocked time frame. Visiting hours for hospitalized patients are between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. Visitors must coordinate the transition outside the hospital.
All visitors must go through a screening station before entering. If waiting area space is too full, visitors may be asked to wait in their car until the visit begins. Please ask a staff member if you have questions.