You may need help with breastfeeding if…
- You have cracked or bleeding nipples
- Your baby is not gaining weight
- Your mature milk does not come in within a week of delivery
- You have painful engorgement or mastitis
- You have low milk supply/supplementing with formula and/or an overproduction of milk
- You have a premature baby (born before 36 weeks)
To speak with a lactation consultant by phone, please call (585) 275-9575 and someone will return your call within 24 hours.
Call UR Medicine Breastfeeding at (585) 276-MILK if you need to make an appointment with a doctor, midwife, or lactation consultant specializing in breastfeeding.
If you have any immediate questions or concerns regarding breastfeeding or medications that you are taking, please contact your baby’s pediatrician.