Secondary Students and Undergraduates
Wilmot aims to offer cancer research programming for undergraduate students as well as secondary students, particularly those from underrepresented backgrounds.
- Life Sciences Learning Center is a unique hands-on science inquiry center for students and community members throughout the Greater Rochester area. The center includes a number of lessons and resources on cancer biology.
- Wilmot members offer a variety of research opportunities for undergraduates. The University of Rochester’s Office of Undergraduate Research can help students connect with these opportunities.
- Summer Scholars is a unique program offered to undergraduates interested in pursuing combined MD/PhD training, in collaboration with Graduate Education and the Center for Advocacy, Community Health, Education and Diversity (CACHED).
- Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF) is a 10-week academic program designed to strengthen the science, clinical and research skills of selected college students.
- Post-baccalaureate Research Education Program (PREP) encourages underrepresented minorities who hold a recent baccalaureate degree in the biomedically relevant sciences, to pursue a research doctorate.