The Skirboll Family Autism Conference features informational sessions led by national experts on various topics related to autism spectrum disorder. Some of our collaborators have been the Autism Treatment Network (ATN), the Autism Intervention Research Network on Behavioral Health (AIR-B), the Rochester Regional Center for Autism Spectrum Disorder (RRCASD), and many individuals with ASD, families, professionals, and community members.
The annual conference is a tremendous success, and we look forward to planning for future conferences. In the meantime, we encourage you to reflect on the presentation materials from previous conferences, below.
- Building Relationships With Your School, by David Mandell, Sc.D. and Aubyn Stahmer
- Facing the Crowd: Ways to Understand and Deal with Stigma and Unhelpful Attitudes About Your Child with Autism, by Elizabeth Morgan, M.S.
- How To Talk With Teachers, by David Mandell, Sc.D., and Gazi Azad, Ph.D.
- Introduction to ECHO Autism, by Lisa Latten and Shane Lawson
- OPWDD Services Eligibility Fact Sheet
- Preventing Parent Burnout, by Parent to Parent of NYS
- Special Education - An Entitlement?, by Susan Hetherington, Ph.D.
- Transition and Employment, by Kaitlyn Richardson
Facebook Live Videos
- Opening Remarks, Keynote Address: Building Relationships with Your School, and Introductions
Speakers: Susan Hyman, M.D., David Mandell, Sc.D., Aubyn Stahmer, Ph.D., and Luisana Santos
- Lifespan of Services: Learn about the different systems that support children, teens, and young adults with ASD
Panel: Kaitlyn Richardson, M.P.P., Susan Hetherington, Ph.D., Heidi Kaiser, Barbara Orenstein, and Jonathan Payne
- "Helping Your Child Make Friends": Learn about different things families, teachers, and others can do to help children make and keep friends
Speaker: Connie Kasari, Ph.D.