Education & Seminars
The Center provides educational lectures, interactive classes and other events featuring expert speakers. Topics focus on issues in public health, health policy, chronic disease prevention and health promotion.
- Got Health? Talk: This free health talk series aims to help community members get and stay healthy. Got Health is co-sponsored by the Center and the Central Library of Rochester and Monroe County.
- Promote Health. Prevent Cancer. (PHPC) Health Talks: The one-hour health talks, given by members of our PHPC team, are available for community groups, corporate retreats, places of worship and more.
- Public Health Grand Rounds: Through this series, UR faculty, staff, students and community partners can hear about community-based initiatives to reduce health inequities, improve access to care and tackle some of our toughest health challenges.
- Bernard Guyer Lecture in Public Health: Established in 2011, the annual lecture is presented in partnership by the Center and the Departments of Medicine, Public Health Sciences and Pediatrics. (Please note this lecture has been postponed until Fall 2021)
- Dr. David Satcher Community Health Improvement Award: The annual Awards event, complete with lecture by a prominent keynote speaker, recognizes University of Rochester Medical Center faculty and staff for significant contributions to the health of the community through research, teaching, practice and/or service programs.