12/3/21: Michael D. Mendoza, MD, MPH, Commissioner of Public Health for Monroe County, NY and Associate Professor in the Departments of Family Medicine, Public Health Sciences, and Nursing, URMC, Making the Most of a Global Pandemic
12/2/21: Dean S. Seneca, MPH, MCURP, (Seneca, Beaver Clan) CEO and Founder, Seneca Scientific Solutions+ and Rohsennase Dalton LaBarge (Kanienkehaka, Bear Clan) URSMD '23, Historical Trauma and the Health Disparities that Perpetuate in American Indian/Alaska Native Communities
11/19/21: Jeff Wyatt, DVM, MPH, DACLAM, Professor & Chair, Comparative Medicine, URMC, One Health Initiative in Borneo: Transforming Community Health & Saving Endangered Orangutans
11/5/21: Jane Hoppin, ScD, Deputy Director, Center for Human Health and the Environment; Professor, Department of Biological Sciences; University Faculty Scholar, NC State, Responding to Community Concerns about Chemical Exposure: The GenX Exposure Study
10/15/21: Abigail Zuger, MD, Infectious Disease Expert and Retired Associate Clinical Professor of Medicine at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, Special Public Health Grand Rounds - 10th annual Bernard Guyer Lecture - Public Health at the Bathroom Sink: Home Testing for Contagious Disease
10/1/21: Wade Norwood, CEO of Common Ground Health, "The Color of Health: The Devastating Toll of Racism on Black Lives" webinar, "The Color of Health:The Devastating Toll of Racism on Black Lives" Report
9/17/21: Heather J Busick, MS, MD, Physician; Associate Chief Medical Information Officer, URMC, The HEART of the Matter: Leveraging Our Electronic Health Record to Address Health Inequities
4/16/21: Girmay Berhie, PhD, Dean of the College of Health Sciences, Jackson State University, Managing Epidemics with Consumer Wearables
4/2/21: Moderator: Katrina Smith Korfmacher, PhD, Director, Community Engagement Core, Environmental Health Sciences Center; Professor of Environmental Medicine, URMC
Speaker: Elijah de la Campa, PhD, Senior Research Associate in Economics and Urban Analytics, Bloomberg Harvard City Leadership Initiative
- Nadine D. Hylton, PhD, Senior Research Associate, Common Ground Health
- Mark Muoio, Program Director, Housing Unit, Legal Aid Society of Rochester (LASROC)
- John Oster, Senior Community Housing Planner, City of Rochester
- Denise Read, Director of Financial Assistance Services, Monroe County Department of Human Services.
Housing and health in a pandemic: A public health perspective on Rochester’s looming eviction crisis
3/19/21: Stephanie Townsend, PhD, Director of Research & Analytics, ROC the Future; Member, Commission on Racial and Structural Equity, Our City. Our County. United for Change.
3/5/21: Nancy M. Bennett, MD, MS, Professor of Medicine and Public Health Sciences at the University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, founder and Director of the Center for Community Health & Prevention and Co-Director of the Clinical and Translational Science Institute, Feast and Famine: COVID-19 Vaccine Local Efforts Dr. Bennett Q & A
2/19/21: Amy JH Kind, MD, PhD, Director, Health Services and Care Research Program; Professor of Medicine, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Aligning Towards Action in Social Determinants of Health Research: The Neighborhood Atlas
2/5/21: Marguerite A. Urban, MD , Medical Director, Center for Community Practice; Professor of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, URMC, Pandemics and Epidemics: Updates on Sexually Transmitted Infections in 2021
12/4/21: Medical students, Medical student community health improvement projects
11/20/21: Pebbles Fagan, PhD, MPH, "Tobacco Use and Vulnerable Populations"
11/6/21: Ann M. Dozier, RN, PhD and Irena Pesis-Katz, PhD, "COVID-19 Modeling: Navigating Towards a Moving Target"
10/16/21: Gipsy Escobar, PhD, and Sema Tehari, PhD, MA, "Measures for Justice"
10/2/21: Panelists include:
- Shani Wilson, PA-C - Internal Medicine Board-certified Physician Assistant (NCCPA); Chair of the Rochester Police Accountability Board
- Adrienne Morgan, PhD - Senior Associate Dean for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion SMD; Associate Vice President in the University’s Office of Equity and Inclusion
- Kevin Spencer Beckford – University of Rochester HR Director, Staff Diversity, Equity and Inclusion; Rochester Anti-Racism Action Coalition (RARAC); Councilman Board Member Pittsford-NY Town Board
- Yvette Conyers, DNP, MS, RN, FNP-C, CTN-B - Assistant Professor of Nursing, St. John Fisher College; Founding President, Rochester Black Nurses Association
- Mitch Gruber, PhD - Foodlink's Chief Strategy Officer and City Councilmember
- Jerome H. Underwood - President & CEO Action for a Better Community; Co-Chair RMAPI Steering Committee
"Racism as a Public Health Crisis"
9/18/21: Michael Mendoza, MD, MPH, MS, "COVID-19: It Shouldn't Have to Take a Pandemic to Rediscover Public Health"