One-Pot Vegan Chili
Preparing healthy weeknight meals can be a challenge for many families, so here’s one less thing to think about at dinnertime. This chili is packed with flavor—and fiber!
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp each cumin, cinnamon, garlic powder
- Sprinkle of mustard powder, salt and pepper
- ½ cup red wine (optional)
- 1 can no salt added black beans, drained
- 1 can no salt added pinto beans, drained
- 1 can no salt added kidney beans, drained
- 1 32 oz can of crushed tomatoes in puree
- Saute onion and seasonings for 2 - 3 minutes until translucent and spices are toasted.
- Add wine and simmer for 1 - 2 minutes to reduce.
- Then add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil. If not using wine, just add remaining ingredients and bring to boil.
- Once at boil, reduce heat to simmer and cook for 20 - 30 minutes.
- Garnish with avocado, crusty bread, parsley or cilantro. Serve!