Tacos: At Any Time!
Breakfast tacos, lunch tacos and more! Try these taco recipes for any meal of the day!
- Tortillas (flour or wraps)
- 1 pkg frozen shredded hash browns or diced potatoes, unsalted, plain
- 1 egg
- Mexican or cotija cheese
- Salt/Pepper/Cumin/Chili powder/Garlic powder
- Avocado or high heat oil
- Preheat cast iron skillet on medium high heat.
- Drizzle 1-2 tbsp of avocado oil into skillet and wait until warm.
- Add as many hash browns as you want in a single layer in skillet. Flatten a bit and add seasonings.
- Cook for about 4 minutes until opaque and crispy on bottom on medium heat. Flip and do the same on the other side for about 2 minutes.
- Then push hash browns to side to cook for 2 more minutes while you add more oil if needed and the egg.
- Cook egg scrambled to desired doneness and add cheese if desired.
- Once cooked, dump all in tortilla with some salsa and fold.
You can also freeze in foil to microwave for future use!
Lunch Taco Salad
- 2 cups of mixed greens
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/4 canned, unsalted, corn kernels
- 1/4 cup whatever cheese you like (I do Mexican cheese)
- 1/2 avocado, cubed
- 1 handful of whole grain tortilla chips, crunched up into little pieces
- 2 tbsp Ortega taco sauce, mild
- 3 tbsp Italian dressing
- Combine all ingredients except last two in a large bowl and toss.
- In a small bowl, mix the taco sauce and dressing until combined.
- Drizzle on salad and toss lightly to coat. Enjoy!
Can serve with grilled chicken or meat, if desired.
- Tortillas (Could do hard shell tacos)
- Olive oil
- Lean ground beef
- Small can green chilis
- 1 28 oz. can-fire roasted tomatoes
- Chili powder
- Garlic powder
- Shredded cheese (cheddar or cotija or Mexican)
- Shredded lettuce
- Heat cast iron skillet on medium high with oil.
- Can add onions if using those. If not, add ground beef, salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder and garlic powder.
- Brown beef for 4-5 minutes. Do not drain.
- Add green chilis and tomatoes with liquid and simmer on low for 20 minutes uncovered.
- Once finished, spoon into a taco shell, top with cheese, lettuce and any other toppings you prefer!
- Lady finger cookies
- Shredded, unsweetened coconut
- Strawberries, diced
- Crushed pistachios
- Lay two cookies side by side on counter with flat part facing up.
- Spread a small amount Nutella on each cookie and mush together like a taco.
- Then sprinkle coconut, berries and pistachios on top to taste. Enjoy!