About the Program
- The University of Rochester Medical Center is a large, quaternary referral center that treats a broad spectrum of cardiac disease.
- We have a wide array of diagnostic imaging, including:
- nuclear cardiology
- cardiac MR
- coronary CT angiography
- A busy cath and EP lab that offers multiple modalities of treatment
- An active Advanced Heart Failure, Transplant, and Mechanical Support team
- Despite the extensive patient exposure and facilities, our program is truly medium sized, with the benefits of a bustling large medical center balanced nicely by a close-knit, friendly environment small enough so that we know all of our colleagues well.
- Our faculty truly treat fellows as colleagues, not as subordinate trainees.
Strong Memorial Hospital
The University's health care delivery network is anchored by Strong Memorial Hospital—a 886-bed teaching hospital—which boasts programs that:
- consistently rank among "America's Best Hospitals," according to U.S. News & World Report,
- has earned the National Research Corporation "Consumer Choice Award" all 21 years since the honor's inception.
With locations throughout Rochester and the surrounding Fingerlakes region, the University of Rochester's Cardiac Care program delivers comprehensive inpatient and outpatient diagnostic, treatment, and prevention services to diverse patient populations.
Visit About URMC page
Visit Medicine Cardiac Care