Tips for Inpatients at Highland Hospital
Questions About Your Care
- Medication questions: If you have questions about your medications or how to take them, you may call the Pharmacy at extension 341-0699.
- Help with decisions: The Highland Hospital Ethics Committee can help patients, families, and caregivers explore the issues around difficult decisions.
- Advance directives: New York State residents have the right to appoint a health care agent with a health care proxy document and the right to state one's desires concerning life-sustaining treatment with advance directives.
- WiFi: Access to the Highland Guest Network is available for all patients, visitors and vendors.
- Newspapers, books and magazines: The local newspaper may be requested; please ask your nurse for assistance. Books, magazines and newspapers can also be purchased at the Gift Shop on the first floor near the Lobby. Volunteers also bring reading materials to the patient units.
- Our Interpreter Services are available to deaf and hard-of-hearing patients, families, and staff to place phone calls in sign language.