Finger Lakes Geriatric Education Center ECHO for Geriatrics and Mental Health in Long Term Care
ECHO Geriatrics and Mental Health in Long Term Care (GEMH) aims to increase skills, knowledge, and self-efficacy of long-term care clinicians in their management of older adults with behavioral health and dementia care needs.
Structure and Schedule
Community-based clinicians present challenging clinical cases in a structured format. The URMC hub team then guides group discussion and provides recommendations. Short didactic presentations by the URMC hub team provide additional content knowledge.
Email David Jacobowitz, Project Coordinator, for any questions regarding this program.
Sessions occur every other Thursday for 60 minutes, 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Our Hub Team
- Thomas Caprio, MD, Geriatrician, Program Director
- Jennifer Muniak, MD, Geriatrician, Assistant Program Director
- Adam Simning, MD, PhD, Geriatric Psychiatrist, Education Director
- Carol Podgorski, PhD, MPH, MS, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist,
- Halimah Ouedraogo, BA, MS (Cnd), Director of Professional Education, Alzheimer's Association,
- Jane Sundberg, PharmD, Pharmacist
- Christine Peck, LMSW, Director, Care Coordination, Lifespan of Greater Rochester
This project is sponsored by the Finger Lakes Geriatric Education Center funded by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) under the Geriatric Workforce Enhancement Program # U1QHP28738.
This information or content and conclusions are those of the authors/speakers and should not be construed as the official position or policy of, nor should any endorsements be inferred by HRSA, DHHS, or the U.S. Government.