The education of tomorrow’s doctors is a critical part of our mission. Through teaching at the University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry and through internal medicine residencies at Strong Internal Medicine, we share the knowledge that we have been privileged to obtain from our own teachers, peers, and patients.
Members of the General Medicine Division have been recognized with the Baumann Prize for Excellence in Teaching, the highest teaching award in the Department of Medicine, as well as the Kohn Senior Teaching Fellow Award.
Visit our Internal Medicine Residency web site.
The General Medicine Division helps educate the doctors of tomorrow in the following ways:
- Directing the Introduction to Clinical Medicine course.
- Providing second year shadowing.
- Precepting students in the third-year inpatient medical clerkship.
- Precepting second-year medical students in the ambulatory medical clerkship in the urgent care clinic.
- Precepting medical residents at Strong Internal Medicine.
- Teaching on the inpatient units through both the inpatient service and the consult service.
- Acting in administrative roles in the Internal Medicine residency program.
- Taking part in the academic advisor program.
- Participating in the resident selection and clinical competence committees.