The Genitourinary Pathology Section is a high volume service composed of four anatomic pathologists. We have a wide spectrum of expertise including diagnostic surgical genitourinary pathology and cytopathology, neuroendocrine prostate cancer and the application of immunohistochemistry to genitourinary tumors.
Our pathologists focus primarily on genitourinary pathology and have advanced training and experience in this field. Close collaborative relationships with clinicians and researchers give our faculty insights into upcoming prognostic and predictive biomarkers in urologic cancer.
We are the only institution in the region with a Genitourinary Pathology Fellowship and have an active teaching program for medical students as well as pathology and urology residents. We offer diagnostic consultation and immunohistochemical services with rapid turnaround in as little as 24 hours or less.
Our section handles the following Pathologic entities:
- Kidney neoplasms
- Urinary bladder pathology
- Prostate pathology
- Testicular pathology
- Penile pathology
- Biopsy interpretation
- Immunohistochemistry with interpretation
- Second opinion/expert opinion
- Dr. Hiroshi Miyamoto, Director of Genitourinary Section
- Dr. Jerome Jean-Gilles, Assistant Professor and Genitourinary Pathology Fellowship Director
- Dr. Xiaoyan Liao, Assistant Professor of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine
- Dr. Xiaolan Ou, Associate Professor of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine
- Dr. Zhiming Yang, Assistant Professor of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine
For more information or to request our services, please call (585) 275-3191.