St. James Hospital Financial Assistance
Please Note: The following information is specific to St. James Hospital. If financial assistance information is needed for a different hospital, please visit their financial assistance page.
St. James Hospital (SJH) is a community of persons committed to being a transforming, healing presence in the communities we serve. Aligned with our core value of commitment to those who are poor, we provide care for persons who are in need and give special consideration to those who are most vulnerable, including those who are unable to pay and those whose limited means make it extremely difficult to meet the expenses incurred in receiving healthcare.
- Financial Assistance Policy
- Financial Assistance Policy Summary
- Financial Assistance Application (Español)
When Does Financial Counseling Start?
Financial counseling starts at the point of registration. Registrars will ask all uninsured patients if they would like to speak with a Financial Counselor. The Financial Counselors will contact any patients requesting financial counseling within 24 hours. They are also available for patients to come onsite to review their documents and financial situation.
Financial Counseling Services include:
- Assistance with navigation to NYS of Health enrollers for Medicaid applications
- Assistance with Charity Care applications
- Assistance with other discount policies for inpatients and high cost services
- Flexible Payment Arrangements
- Answering questions regarding patient statements
- Patients may be eligible for government programs such as Medicaid or Family Health Plus and/or Charity Care
Specific policies and procedures are in place for financial counseling services and are carefully followed for fair and consistent consideration of each applicant.
NHSC Sites Financial Assistance Program
We offer a separate sliding fee discount program based on income and family size for services provided at the Hospital’s National Health Service Corp (NHSC) locations.
No one will be denied access to service due to inability to pay.
Approved NHSC Locations
- St. James Hospital - Hornell Primary Care (7309 Seneca Road North, Suite 109)