The University of Rochester Inpatient Pharmacies provide pharmacy services to a majority of patients in Strong Memorial Hospital, Highland Hospital and the Sawgrass Ambulatory Surgical Center. Our facilities specialize in accurate and efficient distribution of medications to a large population of inpatient services and patient care units.
The mission of the Pharmacy Department is to provide safe,
high quality, cost-effective pharmaceutical care for the purpose
of helping to achieve positive patient outcomes. While services are provided to other departments that are directly or indirectly involved with patient care, research and education,
the primary focus of our services is the care of the patient.
Our inpatient pharmacies include:
- The Strong Memorial Hospital Inpatient Pharmacy
- The Highland Hospital Inpatient Pharmacy
- The Sawgrass Ambulatory Surgical Center Pharmacy
We are creating a Pharmacy Department that will:
- Be the employer of choice for pharmacists and technicians in Upstate New York.
- Ensure that all patients receive appropriate drug therapy that focuses on specific outcomes.
- Be considered the clerkship site of choice for undergraduate and graduate pharmacy
- Implement innovative drug delivery models that leverage staff resources.
- Routinely initiate and/or collaborate in research focusing on pharmaceutics, pharmacotherapy, and systems improvement.
- Be seen both internally and externally as providing quality service with a customer oriented focus.
- Work with State agencies and professional organizations to promote regulations compatible with the advancement of pharmacy practice.
- Promote pharmacy as a collaborative discipline which is an integral part of the health care team.
- Promote pharmacy as a collaborative discipline which is an integral contributor to the education of health care professionals.
- Proactively educate patients regarding their drug therapy and promote continuity of
drug therapy in the ambulatory setting.