We all know that taking care of our emotional and mental health enables us to enjoy our day-to-day lives, effectively face life’s challenges, and maintain our physical health. BHP is committed to helping eligible employees and their family members improve their overall health and well-being.
Advantages of BHP services include:
- Counseling and therapy tailored to your individual needs and preferences.
- Access to short-term medication management (please allow 72 hours for medication refill requests).
- Collaboration with your primary care physician to treat depression, anxiety, and stress.
- A multidisciplinary team approach to mental health care.
- YOUR PPO Plan: Services received through BHP are not subject to the $20 copay per visit (i.e., there is no out-of-pocket cost).
- YOUR HSA-Eligible Plan: Services received through BHP are subject to the annual deductible and are covered at 100% after the annual deductible is met.
Some individuals are better served with acute care or subspecialty services that are not available at BHP. Examples of excluded services include:
- Psychiatric emergency, partial hospital, or inpatient care
- Detoxification, chemical dependency, and/or rehabilitation services for alcoholism or substance dependence disorders
- Conditions for which subspecialty care is indicated due to the severity of the mental health symptoms or the need for an alternative treatment setting
Our services are available to eligible University of Rochester staff and faculty who are enrolled in a University Health Care Plan. Services are also available to non-Medicare eligible retirees, and employees’ and retirees’ covered family members ages 18 and over, who are enrolled in a University Health Care Plan. BHP does not provide pediatric services, and therefore enrolled children under age 18 are not eligible for BHP Plan benefits.
To see if you qualify for services, visit the Well-U eligibility page.
This is only a summary of Plan benefits provided under the BHP program. For full details of the BHP Program, see the Plan document, which is summarized in the University of Rochester Health Program Guide. The University reserves the right to modify, amend or terminate Health plans at any time, including actions that may affect coverage, cost-sharing or covered benefits, as well as benefits that are provided to current and future retirees. In the event of a conflict between this document and the Plan document, the Plan document shall prevail.
"After 49 years of mistreating myself with quite negative thoughts, with no concept until recently that not everyone did this, I came ready to dive into cognitive therapy and any other recommended practices. Melissa inspired me to work extremely hard at it. She challenged me when I was being stubborn, believed me when I was having difficulty knowing how I felt about specific events, and showed me how the building blocks stacked up to greater accomplishments. She often slowed me down just to make sure I recognized the bits of progress we were earning.
In June of last year , I couldn’t have imagined understanding my thoughts and feelings as much as I now do. I wouldn’t have believed that I could handle certain events at work and at home, and protect my mental health at the same time. I owe that to Melissa’s guidance, and her patience with me throughout our sessions. I’ll always look back at the work we did together as a turning point in my life."