NICU Sibling Visitation
For the health and safety of all the babies in the NICU, sibling visits are not permitted at this time. We appreciate your understanding and patience.
Take the online tour for siblings!
Brothers and sisters who are at least 3 years old may visit in the NICU. All sibling visits are to be scheduled with your baby’s nurse and must include health status screening for each child, prior to each visit. Please limit your visitation time to a period that is developmentally appropriate for the sibling. Sibling visits are a maximum of 30 minutes. You should also plan to have adequate adult supervision of all brothers and sisters who may be visiting. With your cooperation, we hope to make your family’s visit as meaningful and supportive as possible.
Visiting Hours for Siblings
Siblings over the age of 3 are welcome to visit for 30 minutes, between the hours of:
11:00 a.m. - 6:45 p.m. and
7:45 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
In anticipation of a sibling visit to the NICU, please:
- Obtain a copy of immunization records for each brother and/or sister 3 years old and older (up to school age) who will be visiting.
- Bring the immunization records to the NICU for our nursing staff to review.
For each visit by a sibling, please:
- Call ahead and pre-arrange with your baby’s nurse:
- Wegmans Nursery in the Golisano Children's Hospital tower: (585) 275-7150.
- Strong Nursery: (585) 275-2267.
- Complete a “Sibling Visitation Health Screen” questionnaire for each child. (Additional forms available from the Unit Secretary.)
- Limit your visitation time to a period that is developmentally appropriate for the sibling. Sibling visits are limited to a maximum of 30 minutes.
- Plan to have adequate adult supervision of all brothers and sisters who may be visiting.
At all times, medical and nursing staff reserve the right to ask visitors to leave if the need arises.