Healthy Living Program
Would you like to feel better? Have more energy? Maybe lose a few pounds? And have less pain?
The Healthy Living Program and its Latino counterpart (Vida en Salud) are community-based fitness and health education programs aimed at helping African Americans and Latinos adopt healthy lifestyles. The programs emphasize physical activity and healthy eating. They are run in partnership with the YMCA in local churches and community organizations.
The Healthy Living Program is a health and fitness program to help you feel better and live healthier. It's an easy and convenient way to get more physically active and to learn to eat healthier, even on a budget!
Our programs are held throughout the year in neighborhood churches and community centers.
- We meet for 12 weeks, 2 times each week.
- During each class, trained health instructors share health and nutrition tips (recipes too!) and we support each other’s efforts to be healthier.
- Certified fitness trainers lead the fitness part of the class. We move, we march, we strengthen, we stretch. Mostly, we have lots of fun getting healthy together. The music makes it happen.
- Women and men ages 18 and over can participate.
- Each class has about 25 members – beginners are welcome!
For information about current classes, please contact Lucas Santana at (585) 224-3067 or by email.