Getting Your Vaccine
First and Second Doses
Booster Shots and Third Doses
- Booster shots are recommended for individuals age 5 years and older who have completed a primary series of the Pfizer vaccine (two doses) and for individuals 18 and older who have completed a primary series of the Moderna vaccine (two doses) or the Johnson & Johnson vaccine (one dose). Learn more about boosters and when you can get yours.
- Third doses of the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are also recommended for some individuals who are moderately to severely immunocompromised. Learn more.
- Individuals 50 and older and certain immunocompromised individuals are eligible to receive a second booster shot at least four months after their first booster dose. Learn more.
Where to Get Your Vaccine
To find a COVID-19 vaccine near you, visit vaccines.gov or call 1-800-232-0233 (TTY 1-888-720-7489).
You can also check with:
- Your healthcare provider: Many doctor’s offices and health clinics offer COVID-19 vaccines for their patients. Appointments are usually required.
- Your neighborhood pharmacy: Most chain and independent pharmacies provide vaccine. Appointments are often required.
- Your local health department: Many county health departments in the Finger Lakes region offer COVID-19 vaccine to residents. Appointments may be required.