Pilot Projects Program
Contact: Michael O'Reilly, Director
The University of Rochester Environmental Health Sciences Center (EHSC) has funds to support a limited number of meritorious Pilot Projects.
The pilot project should be relevant to the theme of the EHSC, namely “Environmental Agents as Modulators of Human Disease and Dysfunction.”
Applicants may request a maximum of $30,000 for the duration of one year. While applications are generally limited to EHSC faculty members, collaboration with other faculty is encouraged.
Download PDF for more details.
Download Word file to fill out form.
Translational Mini-Pilot Projects
Contact: Steve Georas, M.D., Director
The Integrative Health Sciences Facility Core (IHSFC) of the Environmental Health Sciences Center (EHSC) has funds available to support a limited number of Translational Mini-Pilot Projects. Their objective should be to enhance the translation of environmental health research into applications that improve human health.
- Applications are limited to EHSC Faculty members (non-center members are encouraged to apply but must collaborate with EHSC faculty).
- Projects should generate critical preliminary data for future grant applications.
- Funds are limited to research expenses and cannot be used to support travel, faculty salary or equipment purchases.
- Project budgets should generally not exceed $8,000.
Applications must include the following:
- Names and contact information for Principal Investigator and co-Investigators
- A description of the goals and objectives of your proposed project
- Relevance of the project to the mission of the IHFSC
- Indication of how the proposed studies will facilitate future grant submissions
- “Other Support” indicating lack of overlap with currently funded projects
- Total budget requested
A Word template may be downloaded to aid in preparing the application.
Download IHSFC Seed Funds Poster.