Residency Application Materials
How to Apply
Requirements for Admission
- Pharm.D. graduates of accredited colleges of pharmacy.
- Residents must be a US citizen or carry a permanent resident visa
- Residents must be eligible for New York State licensure
- Highland Hospital is committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for all employees, students, patients, and visitors in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
Applications will be accepted through the Pharmacy Online Residency Central Application Service (PhORCAS)
The following items must be submitted through PhORCAS in order to apply for the residency. A formal presentation and a case discussion are required during the interview.
- Letter of intent stating goals for pursuing residency training and interests
- Curriculum vitae
- Three letters of recommendation using the PhORCAS reference template. If currently employed in any pharmacy-related position, please include reference letter from supervisor or preceptor as one of the three letters.
- Official college transcripts
The Pharmacy Residency at Highland Hospital is an ASHP accredited residency and utilizes the Resident Matching Program. In compliance with the rules and regulations of the National Matching Services and ASHP, the residency site agrees that no person will solicit, accept, or use any ranking-related information from any residency applicant.
If you're interested in our pharmacy residency program, we want to know! Please fill out the UR Medicine Pharmacy Residency Interest Form via the web link or QR Code below.
Interest Form Web Link:
Residency Contact Information:
Jeff Huntress, Pharm.D.
Director, PGY1 Pharmacy Residency Program
1000 South Avenue, Box 77
Rochester, NY 14620
Or by email atJeff_Huntress@urmc.rochester.edu