Obstetrics and Fetal Monitoring Program
The periFACTS® Obstetrics and Fetal Monitoring program focuses on teaching fetal heart rate interpretation skills as well as providing up-to-date information on common obstetric issues.
Learning materials are presented to our participants on a monthly basis and consist of educational videos, engaging reading materials, and real-life clinical cases that include fetal heart rate tracings and test questions.
periFACTS® uses NICHD vocabulary, which encourages nurses and doctors to use the same language for fetal heart rate interpretation.
Currently, nearly 11,000 providers in over 400 hospitals across the country and abroad participate in the program.
Click here to enroll now.
- The Obstetrics and Fetal Monitoring program is based on a 12-month curriculum.
- Clinically relevant articles and case studies are prepared by a broad range of experts, and a new curriculum is posted on the first day of every month to be completed by the end of the month for credit.
- Each month, obstetric nurse specialists and perinatologists at the University of Rochester and a broad range of medical specialists who, in addition to their clinical duties, prepare and distribute the following:
- Two articles devoted to a major obstetric topic
- Two clinical case studies and tests with fetal heart rate tracings for interpretation that relate to the obstetric articles
- In addition to 2 Obstetrics-related articles and clinical case studies and review test, each subscription to the Obstetrics and Fetal Monitoring program also includes:
- Access to the Women's Health Course
- Educational periFACTS® Videos focusing on a women's health related topic eligible for CNE Contact Hour credit or CME credit.
- Web-casted grand rounds lectures presented by The University of Rochester
- Clinical Quandary Q&A column, where participants can anonymously ask a clinical question to our groups of experts and receive guidance.
- This program is offered exclusively online and is available anywhere Internet access is available.
- All test questions are presented in a multiple choice, true/false, multiple-answer, or matching format. Tests are corrected automatically and participants receive immediate feedback on their test results.
- This course is offered exclusively with the periFACTS® Online Continuing Education Program.
- Participants have the opportunity to earn at least 42 CNE Contact Hours or CME Credits annually with a subscription to our periFACTS® Online Continuing Education Program.
- CNE Contact Hour credit and CME credit is awarded for each eligible course and a certificate is available to view and print immediately upon successful completion of each course.
- No start up fees!
- Groups have the ability to name a periFACTS® Group Coordinator. We recommend that you select someone who demonstrates leadership qualities and who has an established positive rapport with the obstetric staff. The individual selected to be the periFACTS® Coordinator at each site is extremely important to the success of the program, for this person will act as a resource for the staff and be the liaison between your organization and periFACTS®.
- Operative Obstetrics
- Newborn Health
- Shoulder Dystocia
- Health Maintenance in Pregnancy
- Post-Term Pregnancy
- Mental Health
- Fetal Infection
- Prenatal Care
- Hypertension in Pregnancy
- Bone Health
*2017 topics subject to change without notice.
Click Here for a snapshot of our Obstetric and Fetal Monitoring overarching program learning objectives.
How do I Register?
Sign up in our periFACTS Store
Fill out the periFACTS® Program Registration Form
Call us at 1-800-285-2366.
Learn more about a FREE trial to this program.