Medical Imaging: Vital in Patient Diagnosis and Treatment
The Imaging staff at Jones Memorial combines experience and technical skills with state-of-the-art digital technology. Our certified medical professionals make every effort to ensure that during each exam the patient is as comfortable as possible, and understands every step of the process. In addition, our CT, Nuclear Medicine, Mammography, and MRI are fully accredited by the American College of Radiology. Patient images are stored digitally, which allows quick and accurate transfers and easy access to prior images. Patients have the peace-of-mind knowing their images will not be lost or misplaced.
Our Services Include:
- Digital X-rays (Radiology): JMH uses all digital X-ray technology to provide excellent imaging of the skeletal system, digestive and urinary tracts for disease or poor function. Radiology is open 24/7 for inpatients and emergencies.
- Digital Mammography: Women undergoing mammograms now benefit from a more comfortable, quicker and easier procedure. In just a few seconds a high-resolution, clear image of the breast is obtained using a lower x-ray dosage. Appointments are available Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 7 am to 3 pm and Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 7 am to 5:30 pm. Call (585) 596-4014 to make an appointment.
- MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging): The MRI is a safe (no radiation is emitted), painless process involving magnetic and radio waves to create an exceptionally detailed image. Sports-related injuries, degenerative diseases, and inner ear problems frequently require an MRI to aid in diagnosis. MRI appointments are available Monday through Friday, 8 am to 4 pm.
- CT Scans: Using high-powered X-ray technology and multiple slice imagery, the CT at Jones Memorial results in three-dimensional images of the body. The multi-slice technology means sections of the body can be narrowed down for more detailed views. CT is available Monday through Friday, from 8 am to 5 pm.
- Nuclear Medicine: A painless and comfortable procedure involves the administration of a radioactive substance to image the body's anatomy and organ function. Digital images assist the physician in diagnosing kidney, heart, and lung function, as well as evaluating the skeletal system for fractures, tumors, or infection. Nuclear medicine is available at Jones every Tuesday from 7 am to 3:30 pm and on alternate Wednesdays.
- Bone Density Scans: The DEXA scanner at JMH measures the amount and density of bone in a particular part of the body, such as the hip, lower spine, forearm, or heel. This procedure can determine low bone density, which is often indicative of osteoporosis. Appointments are available Monday through Friday, 8 am to 3:30 pm.
- Ultrasound: Available at the hospital at the Women & Children Health Center on Main Street in Wellsville, digital ultrasound is ideal for OB/GYN procedures, and for examining the blood flow of the upper and lower extremities. Ultrasounds can also produce images of internal organs, muscles and tendons. With no radiation involved, this procedure is painless and fast. Ultrasound appointments at the hospital are available Monday through Friday, from 7 am to 5 pm. Appointments at the Women & Children Health Center are available Monday through Friday from 8 am to 4:30 pm. Other ultrasound exams available at Jones Memorial are:
- Echocardiography is a form of ultrasound technology that is used to examine how the heart is functioning by obtaining images of the heart valves, walls, and chamber size. Echocardiography is vital in diagnosing murmurs, abnormal wall motion, and determination of damage that has occurred after a heart attack. Echocardiography performed during exercise gives physicians information regarding a person's risk for a cardiac event.
- Transesophogeal Echocardiogram is an invasive cardiac ultrasound study. A tiny ultrasound probe is introduced into the esophagus as a way to see the areas of the heart that cannot be seen with a standard echocardiogram. The pictures produced are much more details and the probe is much closer to the heart.
All medical images at JMH are reviewed by a board certified radiologist.