Expert care from hypertension to heart failure.
Heart failure is a devastating condition that robs people of their ability to do even simple tasks. It can be a frightening diagnosis, but there are options available for managing this condition and slowing its progression.
At UR Medicine, we are providing new hope to people with heart failure. We investigate all of the available options that could improve your health and quality of life, so you can get back to doing the things that you enjoy. We offer the most advanced treatments for heart failure, including medication, ventricular assist devices (VADs) and heart transplants—which are not available anywhere else in the region.
- We are the only heart transplant hospital in all of Upstate New York.
- We provide personal attention and accessibility that is often not possible at heart centers in major metropolitan areas.
- We are one of the nation's leaders in the development of ventricular assist devices (VADs) for the treatment of heart failure.
- We have performed over 200 heart transplants—the gold standard treatment for end stage heart failure.
- We have implanted over 400 VADs.
Pass Life On
The Finger Lakes Donor Recovery Network is the link between patients waiting life-saving transplants and the families who make the gift of life possible. Each year, we help hundreds of people who are waiting for hearts, lungs and other organs. Every one of their stories is precious. Here's where you can play a part.
Contact UR Medicine Heart & Vascular
From heart failure to high blood pressure, UR Medicine offers the widest range of treatment options in the area. Call today to set up an appointment.