The mission of the Finger Lakes Center of Excellence in Alzheimer's Disease (FLCEAD) is to expand capacity across the Finger Lakes region to competently and effectively serve persons with Alzheimer's Disease and other dementias (AD/D) and their families.
The 10-county service area includes:
- Chemung, Livingston, Monroe, Ontario, Orleans, Schuyler, Seneca, Steuben, Wayne, and Yates
The FLCEAD promotes:
- Development of a comprehensive system of AD/D care that crosses health and human service boundaries
- Commitment to serving the region's most underserved populations, including African Americans, Latinos, those who live in both rural and urban underserved areas, those at or near the poverty level, and those who don't speak English as a primary language
- AD/D service delivery that leverages our region's established resources and expertise in population health and primary care-based chronic disease management
- The attainment of a dementia competent Finger Lakes Region -- one that is characterized by unsurpassed awareness, knowledge, skills, and compassion to support those with AD/D and those who care for them