About the Program
The fellowship program is a well-established ACGME-accredited program within a combined division of Rheumatology and Allergy/Immunology. Most fellows complete two years of training, though options for extended combined training exist for qualified applicants.
The program draws upon the strengths of the University of Rochester Medical Center. It is the home of not only outstanding clinicians but also outstanding scientists, many of whom are national experts in their field. In addition, URMC has been named a World Allergy Organization Center of Excellence. As a WAO Center, both the Medical Center and the Division will heighten the development and implementation of multi-disciplinary scientific and clinical research, education, and training in allergy, asthma and clinical immunology.
The Allergy/Immunology program includes:
- Community-based ambulatory clinics with on-site pulmonary function testing and infusion centers to care for our large, diverse patient population
- Adult and pediatric allergy/immunology is split evenly
- A variety of opportunities for collaborative work with partners in Pediatric Allergy, Pediatric Pulmonary, Dermatology, and Otolaryngology
- URMC has a Center for Food Allergy within the Division of Allergy and Immunology in the Department of Pediatrics
- Fellows attend an immunodeficiency clinic in conjunction with pediatric infectious diseases
- A dedicated faculty with diverse expertise and interests in patient care and research
- Mentored research in basic, clinical and translational research
- The opportunity for combined training with Rheumatology
What our fellows say...
"I was extremely grateful for the opportunity to be a fellow at University of Rochester. I gained lifelong mentors and friends. Rochester is a wonderful community and University of Rochester is truly a remarkable place to work. I cannot say enough amazing things about my fellowship experience and I feel that I have been only able to start my own practice because of the training I had.
"You do rotate doing electives with ENT, Derm, Pulm, and Rheum. Also … you do a community clinic once a week that is really cool!! U of R is a food allergy center of excellence and that in and of itself is remarkable."
Puja Sood, MD
Class of 2018