How to Post a Job, Postdoc, or Internship on Handshake
Step 1: Create an account with Handshake at rochester.joinhandshake.com
Step 2: Once you have an account and have logged in, you can post a position.
- Start by selecting the “Jobs” tab on the left side of the navigation bar. This will bring up the Job Postings page.
- Next select “New Job” in the upper right-hand corner.
- On the job form, fill out the required fields and then select “Create Job” at the end of the form. We encourage you to fill out as many of the fields as possible to ensure the position shows up in as many searches as possible.
- Next, Handshake will ask you to fill in the “Job Qualifications” to find matches with qualified students. Once you’re finished, hit “Update Qualifications.”
- This will bring you to the job summary page, where you can see the information you just entered. The new job you created will show up on the Job Postings page after review and approval by a staff member (submissions are checked by staff once per business day).
Alumni Job Seeker
Handshake is our job and internship search database, as well as our resource library for products like GoinGlobal, Career Shift, Vault, IS News and World Report, and many others.
To create a job seeker account:
1. Go to rochester.joinhandshake.com .
2. Enter your current email address (gmail, yahoo, etc.) and click “I am a student/alumni”
3. Click “Register New Account” and enter your information
4. FINAL STEP! Once you have created your account, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the email address you registered and your graduation year so we can authorize your account! Your account will be activated within one business day in most cases.